Way to suspend the motion turning on the lights on the Ring Floodlight?

Now that I have done a lot of work on my backyard, I am going to spend more time out there in the evenings and I have a bit more decretive lights around my patio and will be using a fire pit. Is there a way to temporarily shut down the motion detection from turning on the floodlight? I was thinking like maybe a mode or something of that nation as when would be out there, I would be disarming the system. It does not record video, which is great but I don’t necessarily want my lights to all come on when I am relaxing out there. After I go in for the night, of course I want that on.

Good question @kahilzinger! Similar to a traditional floodlight, the Floodlight Cam’s lights will trigger with motion, but there is a toggle in the Ring app to turn lights off. This will turn the lights off until another light motion is detected. Depending on the mounting height of the cam, the lights can also be physically adjusted.

If there is a light switch controlling the Floodlight Cam, we’ve seen neighbors use this to turn off the device completely when necessary. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, this does not. I hard wired it because I would use the app to turn on and off the light. I guess this is a proposed feature request?

1 Like

I agree, this is an absolute “must have”!!

Love my Spotlight Cam on my Deck yet cannot enjoy my deck after dark because I cannot easily & temporarily shutdown the Light activation.

You would think the logic of turning OFF Motion Alerts and Record Motion would indicate that I want the Light also OFF?!

This light and two others are hardwired, NOT a simple wall switch to turn off (but then possibly to forget to turn back on even if it was wired in this manner!).

My setup would require turning off at the breaker which then shuts off two other cameras and power to other household items.

Please request a LIGHT SNOOZE feature to be added!

Hey neighbors! Thank you for your feedback on the idea of having a light snooze - this is a great idea. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

1 Like