Warranty on refurbished cameras

What warranty comes with a refurbished floodlight cam? Is it covered once added to ring protect plus plan?

Good question, @r93078g. The standard warranty applies to devices that are purchased as new, or without a previous owner. This also applies to a certified refurbished device purchased from Ring.com.

Subscribing to our Protect Plus Plan will extend the warranty for as long as the plan remains active, and is not cancelled. Resold, used, or pre-owned Ring devices are not covered under warranty, and subscribing will not add a warranty to these devices. Learn more at Ring.com/warranty. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was referring to the refurbished floodlight cam on ring.com

1 Like

This one

1 Like

Thanks for confirming @r93078g! You’ll be happy to hear that Floodlight Cam will most certainly come covered under the standard warranty. You may also subscribe to the Protect Plus plan if you wanted to extend it’s warranty. :slight_smile:

I’m also interested in making a warranty claim on a certified refurbished floodlight cam. I’ve just emailed help@ring.com, what else would I need to do to proceed further and obtain a replacement?

Answered my own question… used the website, created return RMA, I’ll have $5 deducted from the refund but whatever, I just want the defective camera out of my possession. Will have to see if I can retry the floodlight cam in the future. I’ll probably not buy a refurb again, however.

1 Like