Voices of Strangers on Stick-up Cam Video!

Yesterday, I installed a some Stick-uo cams (battery, second gen) in the house. As I was reviewing the videos, I heard voices of strangers come through on the recording! They were talking about whether or not he could see anything!

No one else has access to the account, and there was no one anywhere near the video (triggered by my cat).

Has anyone had this happen?!

Very disconcerting…I am waiting for an explanation from Ring…

Never had that happen to me. But did you download this video so you will keep it? I would definitely keep it. Someone may have access to your internet and or account…

@Eagle328Thank you for your reply. I did download the video. Ring called me back yesterday and let me know that their security team did not find any breaches in their systems. I changed my password and turned on two-factor authentication as they suggested.

There was something odd about the dialog and voices (other than that they were in my security video). So, I listened to it a few more times. After a bit of searching, I finally confirmed that dialog was from a tv show that I was watching on my laptop, using 5 ghz wifi. Somehow, the Ring stick-up cam picked it up… I don’t quite understand how that would work. The Ring cam only runs on 2.5 ghz. I’ve been having a lot of weird issues with my Ring devices lately…

@Eagle328 wrote:

Never had that happen to me. But did you download this video so you will keep it? I would definitely keep it. Someone may have access to your internet and or account…

Glad you figured it out at least.

1 Like