Unverified motion events and live view

I set the motion sensor to person only and I still keep getting a million notifications and when I look outside there’s nothing there. Also when I try to look on the app at the motion events, it’s just a black screen and when I try to look at the live view, it keeps saying live view ended.

I’m having this same issue lately. The first time it happened it corrected itself in minutes this time it’s not working. Is there anything that helped you?

Nothing has helped. I’m looking for a solution. I have two cameras. One works fine and the other whenever it feels like. Which is basically never.

Hi neighbors! The best first step here will be to remove and reinstall the Ring app, and initiate those settings to see if they will work as intended. I recommend also checking for any linked devices that might be triggering the Cams despite your settings, or any reflective/ heat sources that might be triggering your Cam despite people only mode being enabled. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

this has been happening to me also. Have reset, restarted, reinstalled etc etc. Nothing works. Getting a new doorbell delivered but I honestly think that Ring just isn’t a safe option for security anymore

Hi @Thecsbabe! At Ring we value your security and privacy, and are always working to add features to your ‘Ring of security’. Motion verification is a feature to improve the accuracy of motion detection by filtering out false positives and sending out notifications only when motion has been verified by the system. Check out our motion verification help center article for more information on enabling/disabling and using this feature. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Mine is doing the same for the past week and I reset the thing i dont know how many time. I live where the LNU lightning fire is happening but not close enough to the fire. I’m trying to avoid opening doors or windows as much because of unhealthy Air right now so my ring not working while they charge me every month is unacceptable… i cannot even do live view.

Hi @MalouR! If you’ve checked your motion settings and the features mentioned above, your motion should be working as intended. Motion and Live View connection can often be related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The next best thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient.

If motion and live view concerns are still occurring for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.