cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable you can’t rotate video on outdoor Stick Up Camera!!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Re: Unacceptable you can’t rotate video on outdoor Stick Up Camera!!

I've had the new outside cam since it launched. It never had the rotation as a choice. Only the new indoor ones did.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. While we do not have the functionality in the Ring app for you to rotate the Live View for your Stick Up Cam, you do have the option to rotate the Stick Up Cam's physical position if you have the Stick Up Cam Mount. Please note that this mount is only for the 2nd and 3rd generation. This mount comes in black or white to match your device so you can get the perfect view, while also having it show correctly in your Live View. You can visit the Stick Up Cam Mount link that I provided and see a picture of how the mount was used to get it mounting onto a ceiling or eave.

I have made sure to pass on this feedback to the appropriate team as we are always striving to make the devices and the experience for our neighbors better. Additionally, to clear the air, the only device that can have the view rotated at this time will be our Indoor Cam under the video settings for this device. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

omg..

seriously..this is about a basic feature that you can get on a cam.  I've received this cam in th epost about 2hrs ago...have just found this out. 

Your solution of buying an additional mount is not actually acceptable...I get it, that if you need more flexibility of angles etc, then perhaps you get one..but the space it takes up, the additional cost..just for a basic feature is unacceptable.

I purchased this camera 5 days ago, waited for that length of time to receive it...now returning it after 2 hours.

awful, awful, awful...... I don't think you guys actually understand what customers might actually want.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

The mount should come as standard with outdoor cam, here in the UK it costs £20 ! For a cheap bit of plastic. You can buy better after market metal mounts for around a third of that price !
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I bought 2 stick up cameras. I googled how to rotate the view and there is clearly a solution that was provided at some point by ring for these cameras. However, when you look for “rotate video toggle” as stated in the directions, that option is no longer in the app. Based on related comments, the option to 180 the view was definitely there at some point. So mounts were created and now you’re making customers who were using the rotate feature go buy them or watch the feed upside down. That sucks! This is such a inconvenience. I will just turn my phone upside down to view the video until I can find time to take the system down and return it. Seems like false advertising to me. I’m not buying your stupid mount.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I completely agree! Unacceptable!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

For real! How is this even possible? Indoor yes and outdoor no. Wouldn’t the cameras have the same guts and firmware. Posting my displeasure on Amazon now
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Stop talking to us like we are dumb. We know this is a simple software solution, and we know you’re just trying to sell an unneeded accessory.

This is how you lose business.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

+1  this is a stupid problem..

Just spend the morning hanging a couple STICK UP Cameras outdoor protected under overhangs.. and now I learn that the picture can not be rotated in firmware.

STICK UP CAMERA ONLY WORKS with battery base DOWN 

Seriously?   this is amazing.  HomeDepot about to get a handful of cut open boxes back because they can not be installed upside down..    unfortuantely I need to hang these from a roof.. so they are useless for me.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I've just installed the outdoor cam (having previously installed 2 indoor cams) - and have found to my horror that there is no way to flip the image on the outdoor cam. The "solution" which involves customers having to spend more money is quite frankly a disgrace - especially when the simple software solution already exists for the cheaper model indoor cam!!

I am now questionning whether to replace my entire ring system . . . . . I'll be adding my thoughts to my Amazon review.