Unacceptable you can’t rotate video on outdoor Stick Up Camera!

Couldn’t agree more. Surely a simple fix to rotate image. Please address ASAP or I will return camera.

I just bought a video doorbell and had to mount it horizontally. Can’t believe it doesn’t have the option to rotate the video image! I’m about to return it if this isn’t resolved ASAP.

That is not an answer for an overly simplistic need. This is horrible. I have the same issue, and WITH A STICK UP CAM!!! The mounts are totally inflexible as well, making them even worse. This along with your recent software updates which virtually cut the detection of motion distances in 1/2, you are not paying attention TO CUSTOMER NEEDS AND SAFETY!!!

1 Like

What is complete frustrating is that your help directions are incorrect. You cannot fix this in video setting. Please adjust your help guidelines. It really starts to waste people’s time. You highlight it on the box, but no where does it show a “clamp.” What kind of clown is running the support staff? Please try and do the right thing the first time. It leads to greater customer satisfaction.

1 Like

OUCH! I’m a new recent RING customer and love the doorbell pro and indoor cams. Installed my first outdoor cam with solar to find out it does not support mounting under eves with video rotate. Have to send back. Very disappointing.

3 Likes

Very slightly in defense of Ring for the reasons for this (but not in defense of their response!), I suspect it is nothing to do with the software but everything to do with the IP (Ingress Protection) ratings. If you mount the camera upside down, water would pool on the top surface and potentially leak down into the battery compartment through the mounting and security holes. With the camera setup vertically, gravity ensures this never happens.

Also, the image rotation really does need to be clearer. I’ve just set mine up today and I spent far too long thinking I was missing something after finding it *should* be in the Video Settings menu. @Ring It might also be an idea to include the setting in the app and just disable it with a note saying it cannot be rotated due to whatever reason - saving people at least some time and sanity.

Thankfully I was able to get a good enough angle for what I wanted just mounted on the wall. I absolutely recommend getting someone else to look at the live view of the camera while you test different angles.

1 Like

That’s a straight up lie. Rotating video is a rudimentary function. Hire someone older than 7 to code for you.

2 Likes

This is absolutely idiotic!!! I can’t believe this camera doesn’t have this simple feature! Update the app to allow for screen rotation. I’m p!ssed about this :confused:

1 Like

This is absolutely an enormous bummer. Like are you kidding me? I did hours of prep to run wires, drilled holes into my aluminum gazebo to find out this thing doesn’t have the same basic features as older less expensive stick up cam models? Please contact me to discuss Ring. Unacceptable. I’m serious.

1 Like

“Buy this extra Hardware” is not a solution. Everyone reading this knows a software control is the only appropriate solution.

Can it work if added as an indoor cam instead?

Very disappointed. I purchased two cameras last week. One wireless for my shop and another wired for my home. I had intended to place the wireless camera on the ceiling of my shop. This necessitates rotating the view. Now I find out that this is not possible. !? I will have to travel over 100 miles round trip to return this camera. The wired camera does have the option so I’m not buying your excuse and your solution is no solution. This camera was a waste of my money and time.

1 Like

This is ridiculous, it would be so easy to do. Why would I buy this camera again? Solved should be removed from the thread; buying an extra mount is like duct taping a car bumper.

1 Like

Haha it says problem solved but it’s not though . Just update your software to support this feature instead of promoting a hardware solution so you can make more money .

As a software dev, i know this is so easy to do probably already in the code but has been commented out. This is the reason i dislike companies like ring , its all for profit not consumer satisfaction . First they force you to use a video cloud saving subscription service when some of us would prefer to save videos to Nas devices on our network and then this . SMH. if only there was a way to load a custom firmware hey lets see.

1 Like

So why did you name it stock-up then?!

1 Like

Wow. This is complete garbage. I wouldn’t have bought a ring system if I knew this. Just installed today figuring it was a basic function.

Ring you suck.

Add one more to disappointed customers.

I bought an entire home security system with 5 cameras + doorbell.

While I am happy with the overall quality these sort of small but important missing features make it very frustrating.

Ring team please make a software update for video rotation ASAP!

Thanks

I feel, but I have to say, the bigger picture is:

A Ring customer is a happy customer for years. Some Cloud camera manufacturers have to discontinue service before you’re even done using their product (see GuardZilla for a great example). And then the customer is stuck having paid a subscription sometimes for a year, with a camera that doesn’t work on its own because the Cloud end of the service has been turned off.

Generic Cloud cameras tend to lose Wi-Fi and have to be reset-repaired, and again you’re always at risk of them turning off their servers.

Ring. Doesn’t. Do. Any. Of. That.

So while I’m IRRITATED that I can’t rotate one view for one of my clients because of some design limitation I don’t know and can’t imagine is even real (you can rotate other cameras including the tiny plug-in indoor camera, which I regularly hang indoors in windows upside-down), the bigger picture is Ring delivers a *working* product that *just works* and *resumes service on its own* when it goes down.

Not even Arlo can compare to the ease of using Ring. And I’m still not convinced Arlo will be here in two years.

So it’s not all bad with Ring. I would still encourage you to choose Ring over any other Cloud camera product.

Edit to add: Even though I make less when I install Ring than I do when I install super-high-res NVR systems, Ring is the *only* Cloud camera product I recommend for now.

~ daniel ~

I’m not buying the “water would leak from the bottom up” excuse. Why? Because it’s mounted inches from an overhead structure, most people would mount under a roof awning — so unless water can some how get immediately below a roof awning, I don’t think that’s an issue.

Feel like I’m going nuts.

I was sure the feature was there.
Moved some cameras around and now I find that I have to spend 33% of the cost of the camera to physically rotate it when the features were already there???

Very poor customer orientation.

Love the products.

Won’t be investing in any more until you sort this out.

With the supplied hardware included, it’s visibly capable of installing from ceiling without the mount accessory.
It’s a safe assumption that all security cameras with today’s technology have rotational view capabities. especially at this price point. Except for the stick up cam from Ring.
Not too many consumers are fans of prescreening installation instructions as well. You’d think that software developed last century would be integrated into cameras or a a top mounting plate design. To offer no remedy other than spend more money is slapping subscribers in the face.