Unacceptable you can’t rotate video on outdoor Stick Up Camera!

I’ll chime in with the above complaints. I’ve had Foscam cameras for over 7 years that have the flip video option so it can’t be that difficult to program.

Go ahead and bite the bullet and either let the camera mount go for a ridiculous price (like - included with the camera) or update the firmware that will make the camera mount obsolete (except for the odd placements).

If you wait to update the firmware after you’ve gone through your supply of camera mounts, that’s really going to upset everybody who bought one, especially the last ones.

This sounds like a budget decision (or if I’m being cynical - a greedy decision) and you’re not taking the consumer’s brand loyalty as seriously as you should.

Full-disclosure - I’ve already bought one camera mount but I won’t buy another.

12 Likes

I 100% agree, this needs a rotation option. I bought an indoor/outdoor cam - and most of the time setting up a camera outside involves mounting it from the top - so a rotate option should be there. And if it’s not there, we shhould have been made aware at purchase or it should come with a mounting hardware that allows you to rotate the camera itself.

13 Likes

It says it in the installation instructions on the site. Desk or wall mount. Same as the pictures.
I attached a screenshot.

1 Like

It’s confusing and misleading because there is also an “indoor cam” which CAN rotate. Why not just extend the same programming to these cameras and allow you to rotate as well? It sounds like many others are disappointed to find that these cams cannot rotate video along with myself. Hopefully Ring can fix this issue.

13 Likes

Agreed. The camera setup asks if it is indoors or outdoors. There is no reason why a camera which is more expensive can’t support the cheaper cameras features.

11 Likes

Everything works fine in summer last year when I bought 5 cams…mounted in front of my house and rotation was an easy in app function…but now…what the hell is going on with you guys from Ring…Please put the function in app again or I can throw all my cameras in trash…this is so annoying!!!

8 Likes

I’ve had the new outside cam since it launched. It never had the rotation as a choice. Only the new indoor ones did.

1 Like

Aside from the Indoor Camera, the Ring app is unable to rotate video if your Camera is mounted upside down. While you cannot rotate the image for a Stick Up Camera, there are many mounting accessories available, such as this Stick Up Camera Mount or our Pan-Tilt Mount. Learn more about mounting your Stick Up Camera in this Help Center article.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, rest assured these requests have been shared with our teams here. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

omg…

seriously…this is about a basic feature that you can get on a cam. I’ve received this cam in th epost about 2hrs ago…have just found this out.

Your solution of buying an additional mount is not actually acceptable…I get it, that if you need more flexibility of angles etc, then perhaps you get one…but the space it takes up, the additional cost…just for a basic feature is unacceptable.

I purchased this camera 5 days ago, waited for that length of time to receive it…now returning it after 2 hours.

awful, awful, awful… I don’t think you guys actually understand what customers might actually want.

27 Likes

The mount should come as standard with outdoor cam, here in the UK it costs £20 ! For a cheap bit of plastic. You can buy better after market metal mounts for around a third of that price !

14 Likes

I bought 2 stick up cameras. I googled how to rotate the view and there is clearly a solution that was provided at some point by ring for these cameras. However, when you look for “rotate video toggle” as stated in the directions, that option is no longer in the app. Based on related comments, the option to 180 the view was definitely there at some point. So mounts were created and now you’re making customers who were using the rotate feature go buy them or watch the feed upside down. That sucks! This is such a inconvenience. I will just turn my phone upside down to view the video until I can find time to take the system down and return it. Seems like false advertising to me. I’m not buying your stupid mount.

26 Likes

I completely agree! Unacceptable!

31 Likes

For real! How is this even possible? Indoor yes and outdoor no. Wouldn’t the cameras have the same guts and firmware. Posting my displeasure on Amazon now

25 Likes

Stop talking to us like we are dumb. We know this is a simple software solution, and we know you’re just trying to sell an unneeded accessory.

This is how you lose business.

22 Likes

+1 this is a stupid problem…

Just spend the morning hanging a couple STICK UP Cameras outdoor protected under overhangs… and now I learn that the picture can not be rotated in firmware.

STICK UP CAMERA ONLY WORKS with battery base DOWN

Seriously? this is amazing. HomeDepot about to get a handful of cut open boxes back because they can not be installed upside down… unfortuantely I need to hang these from a roof… so they are useless for me.

21 Likes

I’ve just installed the outdoor cam (having previously installed 2 indoor cams) - and have found to my horror that there is no way to flip the image on the outdoor cam. The “solution” which involves customers having to spend more money is quite frankly a disgrace - especially when the simple software solution already exists for the cheaper model indoor cam!!

I am now questionning whether to replace my entire ring system . . . . . I’ll be adding my thoughts to my Amazon review.

22 Likes

Just installed my outdoor stickup cam… after putting holes in my sofit, i find that I can’t flip the camera image!

Just to let ring know, I will not be buying anymore of there products until that rotate option is in the app or they send me the mount they want me to use, FOR FREE!

This includes not purchasing the 4 more cameras I need OUTSIDE and the Ring Alarm System.

Have A Great Day!

11 Likes

Add me to the list, too. I’ve installed a Ring Security system, 2 indoor cams, a spotlight cam - and just went to put up my 3rd gen Stick-up Cam. Crazy that we can’t reverse the image (which looks to have been in the app prior) or install the included mount on top. I guess I’ll order the $20 piece of plastic to mount this thing. Thank goodness I only need one.

Worth noting that I’ve used both Blink and Canary Flex outdoor cams in the past, but wanted to take advantage of Ring integration. This is a big camera - I have the plug-in, which of course means I have a big empty battery compartment. Almost makes me think I could get away with an indoor cam since it’s under the eaves. hmmmmmm

11 Likes

This is THE dumbest issue. How can you not allow this to flip the view in software.

13 Likes

It feels as though a company like ring would have the ability to flip the image within the software. Every other camera I’ve worked with has software that does just that. Having a separate mount does nothing but hurt the consumer and benefit the company. Have some pride in yourselves and update your software to give the views we want instead of trying to charge more for a flimsy mount.

10 Likes