Turning off floodlights when having a party?

And all it would have taken is for one of the reps to pop in to this thread almost a month ago to bring this to our attention. Instead we are out here bloviating about its ridiculous that this feature doesn’t exist.

I get it that the solution appears to have been there the whole time and was probably somewhere online on the web site; but just one post, just like you did, from a Ring rep would have nipped this in the bud right away.

Instead of the fact that this feature to turn off the zones exists, making me less cynical (by the way, its the same solution as stopping the video motion zones from recording, just in a different location), it just shifts my cynicism to realizing were are the beta testers. Does Marley and Chelsea and other Ring folks actually know how to use this stuff, know the answers and simply don’t tell us because the solution is actually there if you look hard enough? I’m beginning to think this is why certain questions here get “crickets” from the Ring folks.

Super aggravating. Thanks for the solution to your own question! Turned out to be simple and we’ve been twisting in the wind out here. Wish there was a forehead slap emoticon I could put here.