Turn off Status Light on new Indoor Cam

Agreed. Ring, please give option to turn off blue recording light. Only indicator that should come on is if device has issue.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, neighbors! We are always sharing feedback like this with our teams. Feel free to add this to our feature request board, as well as any other requests you would like to share. :slight_smile:

This is not true. The blue light comes on before motion on all 7 of mine. It wakes up our child before movement happens. Y’all need to fix this feature with an on off option.

I have a side job dealing in vinyl creations like decals, tumblers, shirts, etc so I took a small piece of black adhesive vinyl and put it over light and it works like a charm!!!

1 Like

Same!

Same… this light needs to be turned off. The position that I require the camera means that there is a lot of blue light glare on a window pane, rendering it useless at night.

Agee. Please eIther allow the LED to be turned off or replace it with one not so annoying.

Great that Ring has privacy in mind with every device, but giving the purchaser/customer that option also would be great! For my application I need a ‘stealth mode’ so the camera is not conspicuous.

3 Likes

Agreed. Seems like they are more concerned about the potential thief’s privacy, rather than the purchaser of their products. If I would’ve known a light stays on every time the camera is recording, I would’ve went with a different camera. This is the first ring product I have purchased & am not too happy.

LAME reason.
It’s OUR camera, OUR house, why don’t WE have the option to just turn it off? All other cameras I’ve had I could do this with. Makes literally no sense that I have to put a piece of black electrical tape over the led when I should just be able to push a radio button on the app.
It’s not that hard, or can your programmers not do such a simple task?

1 Like

Agree. When will this take place?

Yes, need to be able to shut off the thief alert blue light.

1 Like

I thought the mandatory 2-step verification solved the ‘hacking’ issue? I had heard the only times that another person controlled a cam is when the ‘hacker’ knew the password.

I resorted to using a small piece of black electrical tape, carefully positioned utilizing tweezers only over the Blue light (so that it doesn’t cover the IR light or Motion-detector sensor that are above & below the Blue light).

Worked for me too on both nest and ring.

If you think the blue light is bad … the entire spotlight on my new Spotlight Cam activates every time I walk past, despite the camera being disarmed, the lights off, colour night vision off. Someone has just started a thread about this issue !

Unbelievable response from ring. We had guests staying and when they went in a room off limits they were snooping, until after 10 seconds they saw the light and then went out. Clearly they were up to no good but the light put them off so we couldn’t see the full intention of their actions - which has raised more questions than it answers.

ludicrous, will now have to put duck tape over them - please fix this absurd situation ring or I am sending mine back to Costco for a full refund.

I really don’t get the point of not being able to turn off the blue light. I’m assuming it’s for privacy reasons but anyone trying to “spy” on someone else can just put a piece of black tape over the light and done. So it’s a pointless “security” feature that just makes the user find some jerryrigged workaround. Plus there’s a valid reason to want to turn the light off other than not alerting people that they’re being recorded. If you place the camera looking out a window, like I have, then the blue light reflects off the glass creating an annoying blue glare. I solved the problem by placing the aforementioned piece of black electric tape over the light but there’s really no valid reason for me to have to do that. Give us the option to turn the light off!

+1 for having an app option to switch the blue light off.
We’ve got 4 Ring cameras, pay the full yearly subscription, yet Ring won’t put an option in that is exceptionally easy to program and available even on budget security cameras.
Totally amateur security.

2 Likes

This needs to happen ASAP, @Ring team please release an update that allow us to turn off that annoying light. I have one in my new born room and every time she moves it comes up, and that makes her wake up and start crying…

1 Like

I think I should have the ability to decide in my own home.

1 Like