Turn off Status Light on new Indoor Cam

I have too agree. I have a neighbor that’s broken in before he purchased ring so he could figure out what the light means. If the light is on they know your watching. In some cases it’s a good thing because it deters criminal activity. On the other hand they know your not watching or they know where the camera is and can destroy it. Either way it should be the owners of the camera choice.

1 Like

Came to thread hoping for a different answer. Have 4 of these and will likely return now. Ugg

3 Likes

When the camera is triggered is exactly the wrong time for the light to come on. Unless you are a robber, then it’s great.

4 Likes

AGREED…REGRETTING MY PURCHASE…FIX THIS ISSUE!!

5 Likes

You will know from the notification on your device. Besides if hackers are hacking Ring cameras we have a MUCH bigger problem!

1 Like

what’s the inappropriate answer ??
everything can and will be hackable at some point for a hopefully limited time window!
this is not an excuse or a valid argument to demand a simple function that (almost) every competitor offers . . .

you are a very clever one, i wanted to say that if ring does not solve the problem it will not sell indoor anymore, if this than that . . . => deal breaking, full stop!

?‍♂️

no side effect, exactly what I did on mine . . . stupidest function ring ever made

Agreed. Ring, please give option to turn off blue recording light. Only indicator that should come on is if device has issue.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, neighbors! We are always sharing feedback like this with our teams. Feel free to add this to our feature request board, as well as any other requests you would like to share. :slight_smile:

This is not true. The blue light comes on before motion on all 7 of mine. It wakes up our child before movement happens. Y’all need to fix this feature with an on off option.

I have a side job dealing in vinyl creations like decals, tumblers, shirts, etc so I took a small piece of black adhesive vinyl and put it over light and it works like a charm!!!

1 Like

Same!

Same… this light needs to be turned off. The position that I require the camera means that there is a lot of blue light glare on a window pane, rendering it useless at night.

Agee. Please eIther allow the LED to be turned off or replace it with one not so annoying.

Great that Ring has privacy in mind with every device, but giving the purchaser/customer that option also would be great! For my application I need a ‘stealth mode’ so the camera is not conspicuous.

3 Likes

Agreed. Seems like they are more concerned about the potential thief’s privacy, rather than the purchaser of their products. If I would’ve known a light stays on every time the camera is recording, I would’ve went with a different camera. This is the first ring product I have purchased & am not too happy.

LAME reason.
It’s OUR camera, OUR house, why don’t WE have the option to just turn it off? All other cameras I’ve had I could do this with. Makes literally no sense that I have to put a piece of black electrical tape over the led when I should just be able to push a radio button on the app.
It’s not that hard, or can your programmers not do such a simple task?

1 Like

Agree. When will this take place?