Stickup cam battery with solar panel, motion zones got smaller

Installed the camera a few days ago, and while setting up I noticed that the detection zones reached the bottom of my rear fence; perfect…

Looking now though, I can see that the detection zones now only stretch about half that distance, and rather than being 3 identical-sized “wedges”, they’re now slightly different sizes.

I believe I’ve purchased the discontinued model camera, but not sure how to check.

Interestingly, I’ve just had a motion detection which appears to have come from the fence line (one of the neighbours has hung a towel over the fence…).

This suggests that the detection zones are still reaching the edge of the property, and the problem is in the app on my phone.

I’ve seen suggestions elsewhere on this board to uninstall/reinstall to fix similar issues, so I’ll try that tonight.

1 Like

Thank you for keeping us updated on this @NiteKreeper! We are always working to improve and add to our Ring app and device features. There are times when an update will change the way something looks in the app, however, the operation and field of view for your Stick Up Cam should remain optimal. Motion should still detect at a range up to 30 feet, depending on environment, mounting height/ angle, and other variables. I hope this helps!

My live view is full size but when I make a zone it cuts off the top of the viewable area. How do I fix this?

Hi @armisis. Do you have your phone in portrait or landscape mode when you are editing the Motion Zones? Have you tried uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App? Let me know if that helps.