Stickup cam 3 security screws

Hello

Odd question. I just recieved 2 new stick up cams (v3). They have a slightly different fitting to the old ones. The security screws that came with them don’t fit to hold the battery compartment. They are too large.

Has anyone else come across this ?

Regards

Andy

2 Likes

Hi @andy90210. If the security screws you received with your device are not the correct size, I would recommend contacting our support team so they can get the correct ones sent out to you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks - yes, I did and received this reply which didn’t really make sense to me …

First it tells me you can’t send them and then tells me how to insert even though I’ve said they don’t fit !

Andy

Hi Andy,

This is a follow up email regarding the screw request. We are unable to send screw as it is only an optional screw. We apologize.

Your Stick Up Cam comes with two optional security screw locations. One secures the battery compartment, and the other secures the mounting bracket to the base. To use them, open the battery compartment and/or remove the mounting bracket, then pop out the rubber plug(s).

Swivel the base so the long side faces the front.
Insert and drive the security screw into the base screw location with a standard Phillips-head screwdriver (not included). Turn your Stick Up Cam over to access the battery compartment screw hole, and drive the second security screw.

@andy90210 How did you reach out to our support team, via chat or email? If possible, I’d recommend contacting them via phone at one of the numbers available here. Let them know that the screws you received do not fit, and they should be able to take a closer look and find a solution for you. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum, I’m not able to look into it further but please let me know if our support team is able to get this resolved for you. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I submitted a chat and they said they would send them. Then a few moments later, I received that email. Very odd to say security screws are optional when it’s a security product !

1 Like

Just a quick update. I got on the phone but they seem very confused. I’ve sent the pictures of the battery compartment for the v2 and v3 of the stick up cam (they changed the screw fitting for the v3). The v3’s appear to be shipping with the security screws for the v2. I hope they come back next week. Seems quite a big oversight.

Andy

2 Likes

Quick update - 3 more support calls.

This does seem an issue for Ring. They’ve come up with a new design for the stick up but forgotten the security screws for the battery. Twice they say they re-ordered and then twice an email comes through saying it’s been cancelled and they send the following … it’s actually funny because they say it’s optional and then they say - drive the screw - what screw ? I don’t have it.

Anyway, the 3rd support person is going to send all the screws (I hope a cancel doesn’t come through).

Crazy - looks like i’ll have to buy a selection of screws and see which one fits. Can you imagine if I asked for the hold specifications. That would blow someone’s mind !

Andy

This is a follow up email regarding the screw request. We are unable to send screw as it is only an optional screw. We apologize.
Your Stick Up Cam comes with two optional security screw locations. One secures the battery compartment, and the other secures the mounting bracket to the base. To use them, open the battery compartment and/or remove the mounting bracket, then pop out the rubber plug(s).

Swivel the base so the long side faces the front.
Insert and drive the security screw into the base screw location with a standard Phillips-head screwdriver (not included). Turn your Stick Up Cam over to access the battery compartment screw hole, and drive the second security screw.
Thank you for contacting Ring!

1 Like

Just curious if you ever found screws? Seems I am now in the same boat. I received 2 microscopic screws with my camera, but dropped them since they do not provide a small philips head and because the holes on the camera are hard to access when up. I ended up with the one in the battery compartment but there’s another lost in my garden. I contacted ring several times thinking for sure they will have screws to by or at least specs since they are in none of the parts packs, but all I got was this:

Chat 1: Oh, no problem! Happy to help. We’ll send it to you free of charge just this once since your camera is new! - I received an orange hex screw driver.

Chat 2: Oh, we’re so sorry. I understand your frustration. The mouting kit includes the screws you need. We don’t have the same color as your camera, but we’ll send it ASAP! - The mounting kit has a different security screw and hex screw driver included.

Chat 3: Why don’t you just use the screws we have sent you at least 3 times now since we know what we’re doing?! I can’t help you. Call someone who cares. - My response was understadibly not polite and asked if they expect me to jam the orange hex screw driver in my camera as a fix?

Call 1: Oh, we’re so sorry. Let me have you send pictures. Just to confirm, the pictures are the wrong screws? Yes? Good, let me have you talk to our tech team. Tech team says no problem. We know exactly the screws you mean and will not send those same wrong hex screws again! - I received the exact same mount kit as chat 2.

Call 2:Told them I am just letting them know I want to file a complaint. Do not send me more parts, but get this right for other people. Offered me a $5 credit. Told them it’s no necessary, but whatever.

So, I guess it’s off to a hardware store. Ring, don’t bother with a canned response. You already told me you don’t care when you told me that the rude rep on chat could become a “training moment.” Unless you are going to tell me the screw size or tell me you are disciplining your rep, I am not interested in any of your suggestions or ideas. Your kits will be donated so maybe someone else can use them since they are of no use to me and a waste of finite resources. If I find the screw size, will post.

1 Like

A few months ago I bought a pack of 3 Stickup cameras from Coscto and used them inside, but this weekend I decided to set two of them up outside, and the two security screws with orange o-rings do not fit the camera’s battery cover.

It’s irrelevant that the instructions label them “optional” - they were supplied as part of a kit, and these screws are not correct for this kit - Ring are obligated to make good on their error.

Seeing as they played silly buggers with you, I’ll probably not bother, and just be reminded of the bitter taste it leaves in the mouth, which could sway my decision when I next buy such products.

1 Like

Hey @1004ronRing. If theres an issue with the parts kit that your received with your Stick-Up Cams, you can contact our support team to take care of this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Did you ever find the screws or the screws sizes? Just curious as I have misplaced mine and cannot seem to find a match. Thanks!

Hey neighbors. Since there has been some confusion regarding the size of the security screws for the Stick Up Cam, I verified this information with my team. If you have a Stick Up Cam (3rd generation), the security screws should be T15 Torx. If you have a Stick Up Cam (2nd generation), the security screws should be T6 Torx. You can verify if you have a 2nd or 3rd generation Stick Up Cam by looking at the model name on the Device Health page in the Ring app.

These screws should be available at your local hardware store, or you can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here to request replacement parts. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like