Stickup Cam still recording video in DISARM mode

After trying the long awaiting feature, I found out the stickup camera is recording video in DISARM mode. I have configured it to not detect motion and not live view, but it is still recording my movements in my house.
Please provide a solution.
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @JaySan, are you still experiencing this concern? The new Modes feature has been recently rolling out to our neighbors and I’m not sure if you’ve played with your configuration since then. I just wanted to check in to see if you were still having this concern, as the camera should definitely not record if you have it in the “Disarmed Mode.” :slight_smile:

I have received the new feature and I have set it up. In Camera setting there is a Mode setting. I have disabled Motion Detection and Live Preview for Disarm mode.
Still it notifies me and records vide when there is a movement.
The live preview is disable as expected but, as I mentioned Camera still records my movements inside my house even in Disarm mode

Similar issue: MODES isn’t working.

• set up cottage with all cams (FLC, SLC, indoor cam, doorbells) set to DISARM= motion detction off + live view enabled (customized settings). Result: still constantly pinged with notifications every time the cat wanders past a cam, live view refused on one cam, incorrect battery notifications all of a sudden.

So I’m back to constant per-device “sleeps” to shut the thing up when we’re here.

(Not impressed by the censorship: I’m informed by a bot that “I used a bad word” having originally applied the hyperbolic adjective meaning “condemned to Hades” to the word “thing”. It was intended to concisely communicate to Ring that this customer and his family have accumulated frustrations with constant notifications interrupting utility of iPhones/iPads to great personal inconvenience.) I have several times asked Ring agents for a global “kill switch” to no avail until MODES was rolled out - and MODES doesn’t work.

Hi neighbors, @Schooner and @JaySan. Thank you for this information. Would it be OK if we reached out to you to learn more about this through the email address associated with your Community account?

Yes

1 Like

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for following up on this. Surprisingly the feature is working as expected since 2 days ago. I’m sure after receiving the new update I did set up the options but it was still recording video but its working as expected now.

I’ll contact if there is anything wrong

Regard,
Jay

1 Like

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue, only difference is that mine keps recording for only around 10 mins after I have already disarmed the system. I think it’ll stops recording 10 mins after I disarmed the system, it would be great if I can have you contact me so we can solve this issue, thank you.

Hi @Erik1. Please get in contact with our support team here. As we are a neighbor to neighbor forum, we are unable to get in contact with neighbors directly for individualized support.

Hi, I’m having the same issue as the original person. We got our cameras a couple days ago and set them up, including the modes feature, but its still recording on the indoor cam when in disarmed mode. Did we figure out a solution to this problem?

Hi @JainaM. Would you mind following up with our support team on this concern? They can pull up your account and devices in order to take a look and troubleshoot appropriately in order to get this feature working correctly for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back here with what solutions our support team recommends, as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile:

I have two indoor Ring cameras. I have them set to not recording motion, as I don’t want them on while I’m home. When I leave for a trip for longer than a day, I turn on motion right when I leave the house. However, everytime I activate detection, the camera shows me a still of right before I left the house. Meaning it’s recording/taking pictures even when I’ve told it not to. This is very concerning. I’ve taken a screen recording watching me enable the detection to show this happening. How do I stop this immediately?

Hi @user27086. As mentioned above, reach out to our support team for further assistance with your concern. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.