Stickup Cam Night Vision not working when outside

So as the subject says, when outside the night vision doesn’t work on one of my cameras, but when I bring it in an put it in a dark cupboard the night vision seems to kick in just fine.

It was absolutly fine where it was for a week or two and with no changes it has now decided to not record in night vision at night making having it pointless as the point of getting it was to see what animals wander about the garden at night.

Basically for a week I ahve motion event recorded as darkness, clearly it is seeing stuff as it is starting to record but the night vision isn’t working right to actually record it.

Ihowever move the camera instead and the night visio works in a cupboard so I am very confused as to what to do.

Looking back on each day it looks like between 10 and 11 pm is what it stops.

So as it gets darker tehe picture goes to black and what, then from 1045 ish (snapshot it every hour, I have upped to every 3 minutes now) the picture is black with a few dots for solar lights I have in the garden.

Its like it doesn’t feel the Infra need to be on, yet when I bring the camera inside and put in a cupboard the infra comes straight on

Hey @KelvinBrotherston. Typically if the night vision is not coming on, there may be too much light in the Camera’s view for it to properly trigger. Feel free to share a screenshot of what your Camera’s view looks like at night and I can take a look to see what may be causing this. :slight_smile:

Here you go.

as you can see, darkness.

the only light is the small solar lights have been there from before the camera went in and it’s been fine until Monday or so.

as I say if I put it in a cupboard the night vision works, or if I cover the camera, so as you say it may be it may be wanting more darkness’s, however I think you can agree the level it is wanting is clearly wrong.

@KelvinBrotherston Thanks for taking that screenshot and sharing it here. In that case, I’d recommend performing a reset and a new setup of the Camera to see if this will help correct the night vision not coming on. To reset the Camera, hold down the setup button for at least 30 seconds. Once that’s done, you’ll want to walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device.

Should this concern persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at this and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. If you reach out to support, feel free to let us know what they suggested as it may be helpful for other neighbors! :slight_smile:

I’ve reset it so we will see what happens tonight.

if it doesn’t work I’ll just send it back to Amazon for a replacement.

1 Like

Factory reset seems to have sorted.

Ridiculous that it was needed but at least it fixed it.

Thanks.

1 day that lasted… useless.

@KelvinBrotherston In this case, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team directly so they can take a deeper look and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps to get this concern resolved. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support suggests as well! :slight_smile: