StickUp Cam Streaming Issue

I started to loose patience with the StickUp Cam. Every time I remove the battery and put it back, it works fine for few minutes even with poor RSSI (with -69 for example) but after some time, it stops working altogether and is not recording anything. I can not connect to live view, either.

Now RSSI is -65 but I am sure if remove the batter and put it back again, it’ll start working as usual and definitely die again after few minutes. Battery is at 97% - it’s a brand new product, just opened the box yesterday.

If RSSI is too poor, it should not work at all which is understandable but I do not understand when it decides to work vs when not.

Btw, I am using MESH at home and installed the stick up cam on our shed door. Mesh device is probably 6-7 meters away from the camera.

Hey @aclruptur. Does your mesh system use the 5.0 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz Network? The Stick Up Cams only connect via 2.4 Ghz, so if you have them connected to a mesh network that switches between the two, you may find that you have this issue. I recommend reaching out to your ISP if you’re unfamiliar with how to, but to create a separate SSID system that only communicates on the 2.4 Ghz network and then connecting your devices to this. This should help your concern, but if you find you still have a high RSSI value as before, check out our Community post here for more helpful tips and tricks to get this sorted!