Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stick up camera battery fixed ip address

SOLVED
F50
New Neighbor II

Stick up camera battery fixed ip address

Is it possible to configure the stick up camera battery (or any other ring camera) with a fixed ip address on the LAN? I would like to give the camera an ip address that is outside the router dhcp range. Also I don't want to set up a dhcp reservation in the router.

I don't see an option in the android ring app to assign an ip address to the camera either when setting up a new camera or for an existing installed camera.

In addition, I know this is the camera forum, but I have the same question for the Doorbell 2.

Thanks...
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Stick up camera battery fixed ip address

It is not possible to assign an IP to our devices that is outside of a DHCP range. Our devices do not only connect based on IP address but also based on criteria of compatibility, compliances, and of course resources. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
F50
New Neighbor II

Thanks for that information. To make sure I understand, is it correct that Ring devices cannot connect to a router with DHCP disabled?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Very good question @F50! If DHCP is disabled on your router, and you do not want to use a DHCP reservation, you can certainly use a static IP or select a private IP address. The IP address would of course still need to be within your subnet (I.E. between 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.255).

Once you have an IP address in mind, begin a new setup in the Ring app, and tap "add a hidden network" when you get to the last step of "selecting your home wifi network". You will see the "add a hidden network" option will give you the ability to manually enter your network info, including IP address. Hope this helps!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.