Stick up cam wired changed to battery in app after app update

So Ring have done it again, I did the app update yesterday and now my wired cameras are showing as a Battery cam in the app.
I have 2 cameras and one has recognised that it is a wired cam but wants me to press the reset button on the cam which is installed high up outside. I am disabled and paid someone to fit them for me.
Had the same issue when I first bought them and had to pay 3 times for someone to come round with a ladder to press the reset button to try to get them working.
Getting really sick of the these cameras. Especially when having to pay a subscription and they are not working as they should.

Sorry to hear about this, @DTB! Once a Camera is securely setup through the Ring app, and selected as it’s model, that should not change as that is how it reflects on your Ring account. Additionally, our Cameras often feature QR codes to ensure they are reflecting as the intended device for operation.

It sounds like the power mode of your Stick Up Cam may have been changed, although should not have been a result of an update. Check out our help center article for more information about changing power modes. As you mentioned, there are times when a setup is required to reconfigure or change power modes.

Try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, as well as removing the battery to have only wired power, to see if this helps. If this concern persists, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Since I did the update yesterday it has changed in the app to battery, I don’t have batteries installed and the cameras are working from the power socket.
The app did not show this until the update yesterday.
To uninstall the app I will have to press the reset button and as stated I cannot get access to the cameras as I am disabled and will have to pay someone to come and do it again.

This is definitely not the experience we intend, @DTB. You’ll be happy to hear that removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device has no impact on your devices, as they are linked by your account rather than the app. That being said, removing and reinstalling the Ring app will likely not change the power mode if it has indeed been changed. As your image examples show, it looks like the power mode has been changed.

I recommend reaching out to our support team using the links in my last reply. They may be able to assist further without you having to physically access the Cameras. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: