Stick up cam will not connect to WiFi

Hello, I need some help here. I am a new customer. Just got a stick up cam accessories hooked up outside with optional solar charge panel. Final step is to connect to WiFi and every single time I try to connect to my WiFi it does not complete the setup. It connects to the “ring” WiFi and then I type in my password to my strong signal network. It then says to wait, and fails setup every time. I have tried SEVERAL times. I have tried on iOS devices and android devices(I am connected to my 2.4 network). I have called Ring and they are no help, they told me to call my WiFi company and they took me through troubleshooting. My WiFi company stayed on the phone with me and ensured my connection is stable and not blocked. I do not know what to do at this point. I have frontier. Can anyone help me. This has been a stick up cam that was bought a while ago and was never unboxed until now. Please help.

1 Like

Welcome, @Stick_upCam! This is not the experience we intend, and are here to help. It sounds like you’ve covered all the necessary steps to confirm network resources will work. If you have not already tried this, one option is to setup the Cam inside near the router, attempt to obtain a successful setup, then relocate it outside. It will automatically reconnect when plugged in again, or should remain connected if battery powered (depending on model).

Trying on 2 devices was a great step to cover. I recommend also ensuring bluetooth and VPNs are disabled on the mobile devices.

Depending on network and router type, there may be times where network settings need to be explored. Check out our help center article on ports for more information on network configurations. If you need more assistance with these advanced settings, our support team is always happy to advise further.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Every time I attempt to connect I am inside. I have been next to my modem and still unsuccessful.

I am having the same issue the only difference, this is a camera that was connected at my home and it works fine there, then I moved it to my shop, I have tried changing WiFi and it will not connect to the new wifi now. It seems as though the camera is still trying to connect to the old network and it won’t update to the new one on the Camera. Oh I also tested the wifi from the app and it say it is connected!

Do you have the old version of stick up cam? I think maybe the software is outdated. They don’t even make the model that I have anymore. I have tried everything and nothing works. I am stuck.

I am having the same issue and I am very frustrated. I want to return the hole thing. The stick up cam keeps saying my wifi password is incorrect even though it is not.

1 Like

I am having this issue now. Haven’t moved the camera. It just disconnected. The front door still works fine but the stick up cam will not at all reconnected. I get to it connecting to wifi and then it says it’s unable to. Yet the front door is connected with no issues.

1 Like

One thing that helped me: I had recently been doing work on my Wi-Fi network and had left the "Don’t allow new connections set to “On.” Changed that and all was good.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this helpful tip with the Community, @737e30f0422c26faf0c91d4c1a6979! :slight_smile:

Same problem. I have a stickup cam I moved to the front of the house. Mine is doing the same thing. I tested my WiFi where I moved my stickup cam and I have a great connection. I am typing in the correct WiFi password but it keeps telling me the network setup hasn’t been completed. Over and over again. Now I can’t use this camera.

I have two ring stickup cams and the first one isn’t working as well as it used to and now I’m dealing with this issue on my second camera. I paid a lot of money for these and I’m just having problems with them now.

Did anybody here ever get their stick up cam to connect again?

I have good wifi. I’ve been testing the wifi speed in each location I’ve been trying to setup my ring stickup cam. It’s not working. I have also factory reset it but same thing. My stickup cam isn’t even old, only had it for 9 months.

I already have a ring indoor cam set up in the current room I’m trying to get my stickup cam to work. If it can connect to my ring indoor cam then why not the other? I just bought two other cameras from Amazon and I’m ditching my two ring stick up cams and have already canceled the subscription to those. My indoor ring is working fine so I’ll keep that one. I’m not a techie but I’d say I have pretty good WiFi…

Hi @JayJayPee. Try performing a reset on your Stick-Up Cam. You can perform a reset by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing and attempting setup again. As @SolarEclipse mentioned, bringing the Stick-Up Cam closer to your router, just for initial setup, can greatly improve the setup experience. If this doesn’t work, take a screenshot of the error and take note of what the LEDs on the cam are doing. Let me know if this helps!

I am having this same problem. The camera will connect to my WAP with open security but won’t connect to with WPA2 or WPA-PSK mixed security enabled. I do have other Ring devices, including a doorbell, which are connected to the secure SSID. Had this problem a year ago and gave up on it, trying again now with no success. The camera did go through a software update but still can only connect to open wifi with no security. Actually have 2 cameras bought same time, both behave this way. Frustrated…

I have followed all instructions time and time again, tried two different camera units - WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIFI

Hey neighbors. Let’s go ahead and go over the best troubleshooting steps to get your Stick-Up Cam online. First, start out by rebooting your internet router and ensuring your have best channels selected and are using the ports and protocols for Ring Devices. Also, be sure that you do not have an active VPN.

Nest, you’ll want to bring the Stick-Up Cam closer to your router or WiFi access point and perform a reset on the cam. Do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. Ensure that you have an up to date Ring app installed and your phone is on the latest OS. You’ll also want to make sure you have your Bluetooth turn off, as well as any smart network switch or WiFi assist.

Finally, navigate to the Device Health menu in the Ring app and reconnect your cam. Be sure to enter in all of your credentials manually. If this doesn’t work, attempt to connect to a WiFi hotspot. If you are still unsuccessful, you’ll need to follow up with our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I was have the same problem . And after follow all the recommendations of the rep here and video I found online. One thing that was not point out is reboot , or restart your phone . After I did this simple fix, on to the next steps and camera is working. And another Happy Ring Customer.
I what to share this info to help anyone else

1 Like

I am also having this problem after following all the solutions given here. I rebooted my internet router, am using the correct ports and protocols, and do not have an active VPN. I have my brand new Stick-Up Cam next to the router inside during all my attempts. I have performed the reset and restarted setup again and again. My Ring app is up to date. I have tried multiple times with Bluetooth both on and off. I tried restarting my phone many times.

Every time my Stick-Up Cam seems to find/detect every single other WiFi source in the neighborhood EXCEPT for my own WiFi. I don’t know what else to do and will be returning my items and going with Google Nest like my family initially recommended to me if this remains unsolved.

Hi @user50912. Since you have done all the troubleshooting steps recommended here and you are still having the same concern, the next best step is to give our support team a call for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.