Stick up cam sound stopped working

I purchased my stick up cam a little over a month ago and suddenly within the last two days we are not able to hear through the camera. I tried unplugging it overnight and nothing seems to work is there some kind of warranty or return policy

Hi there, @PadroW! You can learn more about warranties here. All new devices have a one year warranty from the date of purchase, so if your device is not working, it’s best to call our support team. You can reach them at 1-800-656-1918 so they can troubleshoot further with you and work out a resolution!

I bought a Stick U cam for my elderly mother and it is recording video but not audio. Ring is useless at customer services and providing a useful manual at the start to help customers trouble shoot. I am not happy and will find another product in the future. If anyone can help solve the problem in the meantime, that would be great

Hi @UKgal58. This Help Center article here has some helpful information on correcting audio issues with your Ring devices. Another consideration is the RSSI of your Stick-Up Cam. To find your RSSI, you can look in the Ring app under the Device Health menu. The goal is to have an RSSI of around -40. I hope this is helpful.