Stick up cam poor RSSI

@gw84 wrote:

Hi I’ve posted before on here , I have a stick up camera in my garden but the RSSI is really poor (-73). I’ve read alot of reviews about the chime pro on Amazon, some good, alot bad but possibly thinking about getting one as if it doesn’t help the signal I can send it back so no harm done. Just a question, I’ve read that you have to connect it to the ring chime network for it to work well, what’s that? Will it interfere with my normal wifi?

I think the chime pro has a specific purpose for RING devices only and isnt like a normal wifi extender, It’s setup is done in the RING app specifically for RING devices to connect to it instead of connecting directly to your local wifi network. So it maybe wht you have read that it needs to connect to the RING chime network.

It can be prone to interference like any network extender especially if there is wifi channel overlaps etc. i have read reports some people have had issues with there other wifi devices losing signla when then chime is active (when RING devcie is using the network) this was because the home router and the chime pro was using the same wifi channel, but you may not have an issue like that and if you do its easily fixed by using a wifi channel scanner app and check the best channel to set it on.