Stick up cam plugin losing WiFi connection often + doesn’t reset anymore

So unless someone has a good suggestion I think the next step for me is to get this stick up plug-in cam exchanged…

Since i got it, almost every 2 to 3 weeks it was losing the WiFi connection. I have one Eero beacon less than 20 feet away from it and my personal laptop is almost constantly connected to that same Eero so I know it is working.

For the last few days I saw the now infamous icon showing the camera was not connected and this morning tried to -again- reset it… no luck I can see the camera blue light blinking once when I suspect it is restarting but it never go back in setup mode.

any ideas or suggestions? Overall happy with my other 7+ Ring cameras but this one is not a happy one!

1 Like

Hey @yodasl. Thank you for detailing your experience with this camera and how it’s not working as well as the rest of your system. Since you have exhausted the troubleshooting to do on your end and this concern still remains, I recommend reaching out directly to our support team for this concern. They can see why this device is not behaving like the others and isolate further why it is falling offline. I recommend calling them if it is currently offline/the next time it’s offline, as they will have it be in the recent history for that device.

For this support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have the exact same issue. The cam is plugged into solar panel and charge is always excellent. However, it loses connection every couple of weeks and not able to reconnect unless I open it up and press the red button.

May I ask how was yours resolved?