Stick up cam lets out loud beep

This week the Stick Up cam in my living room lets out a long 2 second beep occasionally. It may be when movement is detected but it is not everytime, just maybe once or twice a day.

It will also occasionally chirp. I have no idea what is causing this. I have strong (green) connection with wifi and the battery right now is at 45%.

4 Likes

Hi @AyrkLe! This is an unusual thing to hear of. Is this sound captured in any of the recordings, or do you happen to have a video example of this?

Next time this does occur, please check for any electronics or appliances in operation nearby. As you mentioned your power and wifi resources are adequate, this should not be a concern. Just in case, Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

I just checked the video and the beep was not recorded. It didn’t record anything when the beep happened. I will double check the wifi strength when it happens but the camera is only six feet from the router.

My stick up cam started this yesterday as well. I’ve had it for two years and it’s never done this. Same as original poster. 2-3sec long beep and it wasn’t recording. I’m resting mine today to see if that helps.

3 Likes

Just today, our ring cam started doing the 2-3 second beep too. Was wondering if someone was hijacking our cam.

3 Likes

My camera started doing that noise yesterday.

2 Likes

My cameras have started to make loud beep as well, lucky enough to catch it at beginning of garage feed then camera goes mute. Hopefully Ring help desk can offer solution, must have been during last firmware update. Unfortunately this forum upload features does not accept .mp4 video file @Marley_Ring

3 Likes

My stick up camera starts to beep as well.

Can Ring fix this? It seems that such incidents started two weeks ago for a lot of people.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, neighbors! As mentioned prior in the thread, checking your Ring device connection signal (RSSI) and for any electronics in the area is a great first step. If this is still happening, please try sending us a video example so we can investigate further.

When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

One of our stick up cams has also been having this issue since last week. Can this issue please be investigated and fixed; it is quite disruptive.

1 Like

My stick up cam is doing it too. I have it outside. It was just a chirp at first. Took us several days to figure out it was coming from the camera. Now it has graduated to a long beep.

@Marley_Ring Here’s the YouTube Link, beeping sound can be heard at the very beginning few seconds.

https://youtu.be/8xHSwPz7B50

1 Like

This is happening to us as well! We checked every electronic device within the next two rooms to make sure it wasn’t a different device. We agree that it is very disruptive and want a solution ASAP! Our camera does not pick up the sound when it goes off, so we can’t replay it, either!

My wireless stick up cam started doing this yesterday. I am not going to sit there with my phone hopping to capture the sound as it’s completely random and doesn’t get recorded by the devise. Very annoying and distracting. Ring needs to push out an update!

1 Like

@marley_ring is there a help page that describes the various noises and what they mean? I have been searching for information for 2 weeks and this is the first helpful resource I have found. I didn’t start a thread because I didn’t have enough info about the problem and I still don’t really have enough to be helpful. We could probably provide more info if ring can provide us with some direction (other than checking nearby devices and connections).

1 Like

My living room cam started this last week. Thought it was a smoke detector at first.

Hi neighbors – thanks for getting over this information. We have sent it to the team for further review. We’ll be in touch with more information as soon as we hear back :slight_smile:

@saechangd thanks for the clip as well! What year van is that? I cruised the Gold Coast in a '74 that looked just like that!! See my pic :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jennifer_Ring thank you for assistance, hopefully a fix will be released soon. Nice love bus! Mine is a 69 and still working on interior and minor exterior details. That’s awesome that you were able to cruise the coast, I have yet to take mine around Oahu island.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue today. A long beep/tone (not a short beep like a smoke detector with a low battery). It’s definitely coming from one of my ring stick up cameras at random intervals. It happened at 2:32pm, 2:34, 2:41, 2:48, 2:57, and 3:10 for example, so there is not a set interval in between. It also isn’t happening just when there is motion. My WiFi signal is good and I checked the tips on the RSSI page…no issues there. No other electronics or appliances close by.

Hi neighbors! Thank you for your patience and letting me know of examples. I went ahead and looped in the appropriate teams here but additional troubleshooting and information would be extremely beneficial to pinpoint what is going on. I’d like to have my team members, who work close with the development team, reach out via email to assist with this. If you’re on this thread and are okay with talking to a team member, please respond to this thread with " **yes, please reach out". ** I can then have the team reach out to you through the email associated with your Community account. Looking forward to working together and figuring out what is going on. Thank you!