Stick up cam lets out loud beep

****SOLUTION***

I had the same isssue (started in 8/2020) and thus far only is happening on one stick up cam…annoying that Ring is blind to the issue. A reset is all it needs:

1. Take off the battery cap.

2. You’ll see an orange button - hold for X-seconds (not sure, try 10) - this will remove the camera.

3. Go back to the Ring app - tap the 3 vertical lines in the upper left.

4. Tap “Set up a Device”

5. Follow the screens. You’re essentially following the same steps you did when you first bought the camera.

…this worked for me…good luck.

1 Like

Thank you for the update! I will give that a try. I just wanted to be safe and keep the battery out as Ring uses our network to have the cameras running. I didn’t want to risk anything if it were compromised and Ring doesn’t have a clue on the issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi nieghbors - thank you to the neighbors who assisted with sending over examples. We appreciate your help! The team is now investigating these examples and finding the root cause as to what may be going on.

Question - if you have a Ring Alarm as well can you kudo my post?

I will continue to send updates from the team as they come in!

8 Likes

Have the same thing occurring, 2-3 second long beep at random times, occasional quick chirp as well. Started about a week ago. Only of my two battery stick up gen 2. Non of my spotlight cams do it. And yes I do have the ring alarm system as well with the monitoring package if it helps.

Just started happening on one of my cameras today. I have about 10 but this is the only battery one. Full battery and great WiFi. Been working for years no problem.

You can contact me

This appears to have worked. Thank you.

Ring tech support was ZERO help.

What did you do to get it to work? Did you repair it?
I have 3 ring stick up cameras, only one of them beeps for about 5 seconds single beep.
I also noticed that all my videos only have 7 seconds with sound and the remaining without sound.
I did recently install ring alarm.

My camera also beeps like everyone else has explained. It seems to happen when I walk up to it randomly. Feel free to reach out

I am also having this issue. Please let me know what can be done. Thank you

Yes, please reach out

I reset my device last night and haven’t heard it since!

It’s really concerning that Ring isn’t taking any action to resolve the problem…

Someone back on about page 5 of this thread suggested removing the camera from the system and reinstalling. This seems to work.

I agree that I am quite disappointed in Ring for not been involved with solving this issue.

yes my girlfriends son just informed me that this annoying beep came back today. an I found out there was a firmware update last night.

it appears when ring does these firmware updates the automatic update does not complete upload so it shows there are problems which in return sends out this annoying beep.

so if you re-install the camera my thoght it the firmware they were trying to install will then successfully install.

Mine just started doing this as well. Installed the entire Ring Alarm System and 3 Stick Up Cams last December.

My issue seemed to have resolved. I changed the batteries and the tech support said it happens when they push out an update. They checked my update and said things were updated. It probably took another day or so for the cameras to clear, but I haven’t had the issue occur again in about 2 weeks

I took out the battery last week as it was running low. I left it around one hour before replacing the battery and haven’t heard the beeps since.

I haven’t stood outside all day to 100% confirm that the beep noise is completely gone, but am pretty sure issue is resolved.

Watch this space!

I skimmed quickly through the posts… so apologies if this has been addressed (didnt seem like it).

It happened to me yesterday and I thought it was my ring fire alarm as well - but couldnt tell exactly where it was coming from. I do have the alarm system, but I DO NOT have stick up cams… so I’m not sure if it was from the base station or… what. I checked event log, but nothing showed up… so not sure what it was…

I have been noticing my camera doing a high pitched beep for 3 seconds at random. It seems to do it after activity - but that may just be when I’m around to hear it. Please reach out!

This solution worked for me back in late August for the Battery Stick Up Cam in my living room as well. However, the beeping has returned this week. Will be trying this again, fingers crossed.