Stick up cam lets out loud beep

Yes, please reach out

1 Like

Thank you neighbors! I appreciate your support and willingness to help. A team member will be in touch with you soon. I’ll be sure to monitor the situation as well. Thank you!

My camera started beeping today. I’ve just noticed it on the stick up - battery powered version. It makes a long 2 second tone. It’s done it at least twice today. In both cases, there was motion recorded. However, in both cases, the recording gap does not capture the tone. It captures before, and then after with my big face looking at it.

The third noise it made was more undescribable. It was electronic sounding, about 1 second, but kind of like the sound you’d think a satellite might make in some movie with higher pitched crackling and pops - like an old school modem almost.

Camera is connected to WiFi. WiFi hasn’t changed in at least 2 weeks. Nothing network-wise has changed internally.

Our stick up cam just started beeping too. Yes, please reach out. Thank you

1 Like

I’ve just started noticing this effect too, on 1 of my 2 ring cams. Both are 100% charged, strong wi-fi, latest software etc. Feel free to reach out for any additional diagnostics…

1 Like

Has this been resolved? I am experiencing the same issue.

My stick up cam is doing this. It’s obvious a defect that MANY are experiencing. This has been going on for weeks now. It appears that it started in August.

Mines been doing it for days now and it’s giving my dogs anxiety. Goes off almost every 30 minutes. They should fix it replace everyone’s defective cameras! My trail light only lasted a month before it stopped working.

Hi neighbors! Thank you for your assistance on this! Our team has reached out to a few neighbors so please ensure that you respond to them in a timely manner so we can take a further look into this and figure out what may be going on. Be sure to check your SPAM folder in case the email got in there. As always, please let me know of any questions you may have! Thanks :slight_smile:

This has been driving me crazy. We moved into a new house and I have been trying to google all why any one of my appliances has been beeping.

Turns out it’s the stick-up cam.

It’s crazy to think you just let your camera make noises like this and not have diagnostics to pick it up.

Then you ask customers to record it? You made the camera. Come on. Do better. Fix this.

Mine started 2 weeks ago when there is activity. Please reach out.

1 Like

I totally agree. Mine started this annoying beep in somtime this week. Its driving everyone in my house crazy. My girlfriend wants to remove all ring products from our house. They need to get this resolved ASAP.

Whatever this issue is it had to be something with a recent update because I have had this stick up cam for years with no issues and this week is when the annoying beep started happening. It has nothing to do with my wifi because I have a strong signal. The beep does not get recorded so it happens after one video stops and the other starts. Its loud and about 2 seconds long. There is no pattern but does require traffic in front of the camera or the camera to start recording. Both red lights and blue light are on when it beeps.

I have 9 rings cameras and at least 3 of them have started beeping/producing tones, seemingly at random.
All the models with issues appear to be the Stick Up Battery Gen.2 model.
All cameras are plugged into power sources (some intermittent).
Cameras at different sites with different wi-fi of varying RSSI.

Here’s what I have observed:

• Started a little over a week ago.
  • Tones may/may not be random, possibly related to motion but isn’t always triggered on motion.
  • Infrared LEDs turn off and on when the tone stops.
  • Tones last for 3 seconds exactly, possibly 2 seconds as well.
  • Tones consist of a combined 2kHz and 4kHz sine.
  • Also occasionally emits the same tone in very short bursts (<100ms).

My guess is the camera is signalling a fault or a state but I don’t believe this is documented behaviour.
Possibly some code left in the firmware during testing?
Was there a recent firmware update?

Settings of an affected device:
Firmware: Up to date (AUST Region) as of posting
Motion Freq: Frequent
Motion Sens: One notch below Max
Motion Zones: All 3
Motion Verification: Off
Motion Schedule: Off
Linked Devices: None
People Only: Off
Record Motion: On
Live View: On
Tap Live View: On
Rec Length: 120s
Snapshot Capt: 180s
App Notifications: Silent
Notification Pref: Push
Audio Streaming: On
Privacy Zones: Off
Partners Linked: None

Install Location: Indoors and Outdoors (2 affected devices)
Motion Notifications: On and Off (2 affected devices)

so it has not beep for hours right now and during those hours my ring was in color. It could be related to the infrared. When it was beeping I noticed it was black and white then went to color. I am going to see if this holds true the next time it beeps.

Same problem here. Stickup cam started to emit 1 to 2-second long beeps. Very annoying. Please reach out and we’ll try to provide as much info as we can to help debug this problem.

The cameras and alarm system has been working flawlessly for well over a year. Strong wifi signal on a mesh network. No changes to local network or settings. Has there been a camera firmware update that might be the cause?

Thanks!

1 Like

This issue has clearly started only recently for most stick up cam owners; so the first assumption is that it is because of a new software update.

For now, I turned off motion recording (in other words, killed the camera) which seems to have stopped the issue.

Please accept that this version is faulty, revert it and fix the issue. It has been weeks now without any proper response outside of an online community manager. This response/support is just unacceptable.

Yes, please reach out.

1 Like

so after posting on here the beeping has seemed to have stopped. it would be nice if we knew if an update was recently sent out that fixed this? Did the beeping stop for anyone else in the last two days?

Mine also started letting out the 2-3 beeps exactly as all the others in this thread have mentioned. It started about 2 week ago. I have 3 gen2 stick up cam battery cameras and it’s only affecting 1 of the 3. I’m willing to help on a solution if dev team wishes to reach out.