Stick up cam lets out loud beep

One of our stick up cams has also been having this issue since last week. Can this issue please be investigated and fixed; it is quite disruptive.

1 Like

My stick up cam is doing it too. I have it outside. It was just a chirp at first. Took us several days to figure out it was coming from the camera. Now it has graduated to a long beep.

@Marley_Ring Here’s the YouTube Link, beeping sound can be heard at the very beginning few seconds.

https://youtu.be/8xHSwPz7B50

1 Like

This is happening to us as well! We checked every electronic device within the next two rooms to make sure it wasn’t a different device. We agree that it is very disruptive and want a solution ASAP! Our camera does not pick up the sound when it goes off, so we can’t replay it, either!

My wireless stick up cam started doing this yesterday. I am not going to sit there with my phone hopping to capture the sound as it’s completely random and doesn’t get recorded by the devise. Very annoying and distracting. Ring needs to push out an update!

1 Like

@marley_ring is there a help page that describes the various noises and what they mean? I have been searching for information for 2 weeks and this is the first helpful resource I have found. I didn’t start a thread because I didn’t have enough info about the problem and I still don’t really have enough to be helpful. We could probably provide more info if ring can provide us with some direction (other than checking nearby devices and connections).

1 Like

My living room cam started this last week. Thought it was a smoke detector at first.

Hi neighbors – thanks for getting over this information. We have sent it to the team for further review. We’ll be in touch with more information as soon as we hear back :slight_smile:

@saechangd thanks for the clip as well! What year van is that? I cruised the Gold Coast in a '74 that looked just like that!! See my pic :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jennifer_Ring thank you for assistance, hopefully a fix will be released soon. Nice love bus! Mine is a 69 and still working on interior and minor exterior details. That’s awesome that you were able to cruise the coast, I have yet to take mine around Oahu island.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue today. A long beep/tone (not a short beep like a smoke detector with a low battery). It’s definitely coming from one of my ring stick up cameras at random intervals. It happened at 2:32pm, 2:34, 2:41, 2:48, 2:57, and 3:10 for example, so there is not a set interval in between. It also isn’t happening just when there is motion. My WiFi signal is good and I checked the tips on the RSSI page…no issues there. No other electronics or appliances close by.

Hi neighbors! Thank you for your patience and letting me know of examples. I went ahead and looped in the appropriate teams here but additional troubleshooting and information would be extremely beneficial to pinpoint what is going on. I’d like to have my team members, who work close with the development team, reach out via email to assist with this. If you’re on this thread and are okay with talking to a team member, please respond to this thread with " **yes, please reach out". ** I can then have the team reach out to you through the email associated with your Community account. Looking forward to working together and figuring out what is going on. Thank you!

“Yes Please Reach Out” to add, I have multiple cameras that emit a loud beep lasting a few seconds as I approach the camera…it is random and does not happen every time. I was able to capture the beginning of the sound on my garage camera which I posted earlier.

1 Like

Hi Jennifer, nothing has changed with my non-PoE stick up cam that this beeping is happening to. It hasn’t been moved, battery hasn’t been changed, Internet/network has remained the same.

My first assumption is that it has something to do with a new software update and/or a bug that is randomly occurring now with the current software release that is pushed out to stick up cams. I cannot find any Ring firmware history/changelog pages - if there are none available to the public, then that is disappointing.

It has been a while, but I believe the only beeping one of these cameras should make would be when it has been set up initially using the Ring app. Otherwise from my experience, they are silent - outside of sirens, and supposedly the hardware transition to night vision. I would start there, with functionality that is intended to produce these types of sounds.

@anring are we able to reach out to you for more information and to troubleshoot to pinpoint what may be going on? Thanks

same issue for about 10 days." yes, please reach out"

1 Like

Same here, been beeping for a couple of days. Seems to beep when there is a larger amount of activity in front of the camera.

1 Like

Yes, please reach out. Mine started a few days ago too!!

2 Likes

Same issue here. Ring lets out a loud approximately 5 second beep at random, it seems. Started around 8/24. Yes, please reach out!

1 Like

Yes, please reach out

1 Like

Thank you neighbors! I appreciate your support and willingness to help. A team member will be in touch with you soon. I’ll be sure to monitor the situation as well. Thank you!