Stick up cam becomes unresponsive

I recently installed a Stickup wired camera. But I noticed that after a while it gets stuck, and the notifications stop, preview stops loading and I cannot connect to Live View. If I unplug and replug the camera, it works fine. I have verified the power supply and WiFi strength.

1 Like

Hi,

There are serveral people reporting this over the last week.

I’m not sure if Ring Community support link issues together but I think it would be best to call Ring support as they can escalate to advanced technical team / engineering team.

I have the same issue and they’ve ordered a replacement. Not sure if this will help as it’s a brand new device and numerous people are reporting the issue.

2 Likes

I have been having the same issue for months. It stops functioning but wifi is fine. I pull battery and solar cord for 10 seconds and it starts working but stops again in about 2 weeks. Time to call support.

I’ve been having this issue as well. The camera becomes unresponsive and I have to pull the battery or plug for ten seconds then the camera works again for a week or so, then does it again. It really sucks because they never used to do this.

After having read all of these posts, it seems that Ring is constanly messing around with the firmware and it is causing these problems. Hey Ring! Quit messing with with our cameras!

1 Like

Hey @AZDude. As @F1N1 suggested, please try reaching out to our support team so they can take a deeper look at your Camera and provide more in-depth troubleshooting for your concern. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what our support team recommends, as it may help other neighbors with a similar concern! :slight_smile:

The replacement didn’t solve the issue, and I’ve posted on numerouse threads that others are having the same issue.

My suggestion is still to contact support and have them escalate the case.

1 Like

I had my stickup cam replaced as well and having the exact same issue!