Stick up cam battery

Can anyone tell me can you mount the stick up battery upside down, also how can I tell if my cam is 1st,2nd or a 3rd generation one please.
Marc

2 Likes

the indoor only stickup cam can be mounted upside down and told in app to flip video.

the indoor/outdoor gen 3 (bat or wired or solar) cannot be mounted upside down and told to flip video… they do sell a mount kit that can mount to the ceiling/soffits and hold the camera right side up for you. (How I’m doing it.)

in terms of telling by what they look like:

1st gen looks more boxy.

2nd gen is round, but on the back towards the top for power plug, there is a recess and two screws to each side of the barrell plug to hold it in.

3rd gen is also round, but the back power plug does not have screws on either side to hold it in.

Probably an easier way to tell, but I only have 3rd gen now.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers, I will need to purchase the ceiling mount as it looks like I have the 3rd gen models.

Marc

same problem here… having to buy new accessories because they don’t roll out an existing software update to simply flip the video? that’s very poor service if not design. Is that really true we can’t simply mount sticky cams upside down on a ceiling?

1 Like

same here… I bought them and simply assumed it would be an option, as all you need is to flip the video. Which is available for some Ring cameras, but apparently not for the stickup… I bought 4 and like anybody would expect would want to mount them on the ceiling, and either you get by having flipped video, or you need to mount on adjacent wall.

Support - anyway to make this basic functionality, already available for other cams, available for this one?

1 Like

As of today I still do not see a flip video option.

But the camera mount has given more motion range than the standard base. So depending on your unique case, it might still be worth it even if you could flip it.

Hey neighbors! We recommend using our suggested mounting methods for optimal and intended functionality. If you are needing to be creative during mounting in a unique area, ensure to keep in mind the lens field of view and utilize the settings in the app. You can learn more about this in our Youtube video here.

Aloha

I posted about this issue, along with my solution, in the Ring Community Feature Request Board and need you to give Kudos to it so those in-charge of development at Ring will take notice and get this done. This could be a fairly quick feature change for Ring, but you need to up-vote my suggestion with a Thumbs-Up/Kudos, so please click the link and vote!

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Rotate-image-for-any-all-Ring-cams-in-app-s-device-settings/idi-p/57340

Mahalo and Aloha!

2 Likes

Thank you for all the great help you have offered this and other fellow neighbors @@BigIsland. Could you please reach out to the Community Team at community@ring.com? We would love to ask you some questions and get your feedback directly as a valued member of the Community.

I recently bought 3 ring stick up cams battery and have mount them on a ceiling. However the image is unpside down and there is no option to rotate it in the settings. Any Suggestion?

1 Like