Stick up cam and solar panel not charging

So I’m 20 feet up in the air on a ladder, in -8C snowing, and I secure the camera, and solar panel both with the optional gutter attachments. I had charged the battery and did the camera setups in the house before putting them up on the roof gutter. I then plugged in the solar panels in each when I got up to the roof eaves. After coming down and putting the ladder away, I get a notice saying I now have external power and I need to press a button inside the battery bays, remove the batteries in each cam and go through the setup all over again, all in the cold, on a ladder, 20 feet in the air, and snowing. I have gone through all of the instructions on every piece of paper that was included with the cams and solar panels and NOWHERE does it say you are required to plug in the solar panel while in the house doing the setup. This really needs to be put in the instructions somewhere, anywhere, that the solar panel absolutely must be plugged in before installing the cam and solar panel on your #%^}~ing roof!!! Well I guess I’ll see how long the batteries last on these 2 cams, I’m hoping till spring but I doubt it. I’m extremely disappointed in this setup and lack of plain, prominent, installation information that comes with the cam and solar panels. I also just installed a doorbell 3 and there is no automatic pop up when the doorbell rings, that is a whole other kettle of fish. Is there any way that anyone may know that I can get the solar panels operational without climbing back up on the roof and bringing them back down and starting all over again? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

2 Likes