Stick up cam Elite has "poor connection" over PoE -- how?

@jkmccon wrote:

@bob_m10 wrote:

I posted in an earlier post, that “poor connection” may only measure Wi-Fi even if you are connected via Ethernet. So perhaps you have poor Wi-Fi to those two cameras but since you are on Ethernet this is a false positive. This is only a guess on my part.

Possible, I suppose. But I consistently had the problem with all six cameras for months until just recently. So I doubt those two particular cameras would have any weaker wifi signal than the others. And the kicker is that I have a very powerful Ubiquiti wireless access point outside my home on my back patio… you can pretty much walk around the whole house and not drop below 2/3 wifi bars on your phone. And one of the two cameras that is still affected is only about 12 feet from that access point, so its wifi signal would be plenty strong (if I was using it).

Ultimately, I think we can all agree that this is a software problem. All my new Stick-up Cam Elites are working fine, now. How the problem got resolved on only 1 of 3 of my 2018 PoE Stick-up Cams is beyond me, but hopefully Ring is working on it. They refuse to provide any information on the status of this problem, whether its a known issue, etc. But at least they’re making progress, I guess.

I agree with you on the above, must be software. You have probably seen this in the APP but you can get get Device Health Report (Device settings, Device Health) which specifically mentions Wi-fi in the report. Mine always says poor. :slight_smile:

I too am using Ubiquiti AP’s for my Wi-Fi, good stuff, although PoE for the cameras.

1 Like