Stick up Can, no motion zones?

Hi! My first post. Added 2 Stick Up Cam Solars to my house this weekend, adding to my ring doorbell. The Cameras don’t seem to detect motion coming straight at them, but do Ok with motion toward either side. When I first set them up (2 days ago), I am sure I was given the option to turn zones on/off (left, middle, right). But now the app will only let me adjust the ‘motion sensitivity’ via a single slider, and the motion “frequency”. Seems like the middle zone is off. Is there any way I can get back to setting the motion zones?

@jdaniels509 wrote:
Hi! My first post. Added 2 Stick Up Cam Solars to my house this weekend, adding to my ring doorbell. The Cameras don’t seem to detect motion coming straight at them, but do Ok with motion toward either side. When I first set them up (2 days ago), I am sure I was given the option to turn zones on/off (left, middle, right). But now the app will only let me adjust the ‘motion sensitivity’ via a single slider, and the motion “frequency”. Seems like the middle zone is off. Is there any way I can get back to setting the motion zones?

Devices tend to struggle with detection when something advances straight towards them and it is not crossing different paths. If it’s an issue just angle the camera a little. Are you sure you are not confusing the adjustment with the light adjustments

1 Like

Thanks for your help. Yes, I could angle the camera differently, but of course then I’d me sacrificing some other areas of potential motion detection… Guess I just have to live the possiblity of motion directly toward the camera going undetected. Sort of defeats the whole purpose … Also, I’m pretty sure I’m not confusing motion adjustments with light adjustments. What are light adjustments? I’ll attach the screens that are available to me for motion adjustments in subsequent posts.

Additional attachments.

One more.

Exactly the same problem here, I 100% had motion zones before on my stick up cam, I had them perfectly set up to no notify when my neighbours were on their drive. Yesterday the camera stopped responding… again (get it together ring!) and I had to reset and reinstall the camera to get it working again.

Since reinstall there is no option for motion zones anymore just a slightly different looking motion sensitivity slide… very poor and means I’m bombarded with notifications whenever my neighbour is in their drive…

Hey neighbors! You should have the option to enable and disable the 3 Motion Zones for your Stick Up Cams in the Ring App. If you open the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > Stick Up Cam > Motion Settings > you should see the Motion Zones option. If this option does not appear, I’d recommend uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App before checking again.

Should this concern persist where the Motion Zones are not appearing for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at this for you and offer more in-depth troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Let me know if you’re able to locate this setting or what our support team recommends as it may help others! :slight_smile:

I’ve since discovered you only get the option for motion zones if you have motion verification switched on. If this is switched off, the option isn’t visible in the app

Which devices support the proper adjustable motion zones? This article says that stick up cam wired does, but it doesn’t… disappointing

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360021842611-Utilising-Motion-Zones-With-Your-Powered-Ring-Devices

@Kj82 Perfect, thanks for sharing that solution you found! In regards to the Help Center Article you referenced, the Stick Up Cam Wired is different than the Stick Up Cam Plug-In, which offers the Adjustable Motion Zones. You can learn more about the types of motion detection our devices have in this Help Center Article here.

But it seems with the latest update adjustable motion zones are now available on the plug in stick up cam. I’m not complaining of course, but it seems odd that just a couple of weeks ago this wasn’t a feature and there was no hint it would become a feature soon without buying the elite camera