Stick up Cam

When you’re mounting your stick up cams outside, how are you plugging them in? Installing outlets on the outside your home? And if so, what’s stopping someone from just unplugging it? I feel like I’m overthinking this.

@MamaBear1213 wrote:
When you’re mounting your stick up cams outside, how are you plugging them in? Installing outlets on the outside your home? And if so, what’s stopping someone from just unplugging it? I feel like I’m overthinking this.

My spotlight cameras are wired to an inside power point such as the garage. As you say they could be u plugged but by then video should have been captured. They could also cut the cable I suppose

I use battery power on mine. One of them is also connected to a solar panel. Are you using the 3rd Gen Stick up Camera? Those can be powered by wall plug, battery or battery with solar.

Hope your camera works out for you. I have two that have died on me.

Great question @MamaBear1213! The best case scenario is an outlet being available in a nearby concealed or hard to reach place. Hiding the wire is another great step to not give away your Camera’s power source. As @ChrisJohn shared, it is best to angle your Camera to capture an approaching visitors, this way someone unplugging your Camera would be caught doing so.

As a further preventative measure, we’ve seen many neighbors use a secure outlet cover. Here is a secure outlet cover on Amazon as a visual example. Of course, when shopping for one, please ensure it fits your plug adapter dimensions. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: