Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stick up Cam

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Stick up Cam

Hello, all!  I'm experiencing an interesting issue with my Stick up Cam: the Ring App shows "Modes" in "Settings", but the Cam doesn't appear as a device that is controlled by any of the Modes.

As I understanding things, one is supposed to be able to allow the "Home" and "Away" modes to control the Cam's motion & recording controls (i.e., when set to "Home", interior Cams should be turned off).  However, that doesn't seem to be an option within the Ring App.  I wish that our friends at Ring would post some sort of step-by-step (with images, please) how-to guide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Re: Stick up Cam

They haven't yet released the new Mode feature that supports cameras. Only Alarm uses modes right now, none of the cameras.

And yes, this feature is REALLY needed!!!
There is a whole thread on this topic in the announcement forum.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

They haven't yet released the new Mode feature that supports cameras. Only Alarm uses modes right now, none of the cameras.

And yes, this feature is REALLY needed!!!
There is a whole thread on this topic in the announcement forum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you; it'd be nice if this information was made readily apparent on the website, maybe as a "Coming Soon" feature for each particular product.

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

For reference here is the post explaining Modes:

https://community.ring.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Introducing-Modes/m-p/2484#M83

It was suppose to ship in mid-Nov but support guy told me more like mid-Jan.