Stick up Cam Randomly Recording?

I’m not sure if the stick up cams periodically record, but I had my devices set on Home mode (no recording Or detecting motion) and my living room stick up cam’s blue light came on. This was at about 3 AM, and it was a solid blue light. I was weirded out by it, as I didn’t know what it meant. I wasn’t in the Ring app live viewing. I currently do not share my devices with another user. Was it recording? As I went to check the app, the blue light went away and there was no history of a recording or live view. What did the solid blue light mean? It stayed on for maybe 30 seconds or less. Thanks!

@JLyn360 wrote:
I’m not sure if the stick up cams periodically record, but I had my devices set on Home mode (no recording Or detecting motion) and my living room stick up cam’s blue light came on. This was at about 3 AM, and it was a solid blue light. I was weirded out by it, as I didn’t know what it meant. I wasn’t in the Ring app live viewing. I currently do not share my devices with another user. Was it recording? As I went to check the app, the blue light went away and there was no history of a recording or live view. What did the solid blue light mean? It stayed on for maybe 30 seconds or less. Thanks!

Maybe a software update?. I wouldn’t worry to be honest

Mine just did the same thing. I’m going to call tomorrow and ask cause it’s very disheartening. Feel like I may have been hacked.

1 Like

Had the same Issue
Did Ring Tell you what it is?

Did you ever find out why your camera did that? Mine did that two nights ago about 2:30 am. It creeped me out really bad because i am the only user on my all and i keep my bedroom one off. I heard a couple of clicks and looked over at my nightstand to see a solid blue light as if someone was watching in live view.