Stick up Cam: Footage Unavailable

Hi All,

I’m a new ring user, have three stick up cams (outdoors and solar powered), version 3 doorbell, chime pro.

Of the three cams, one will always give me “Footage Unavailable” where the others show the snapshot images (set to take every 5 minutes). It seems to work for a couple of days after a reset (of connection change from chime pro to WiFi or opposite) and then stops again. I can go live, it detects motion and records, just no snapshots.

I did a full factory reset the last time, have tested it on WiFi and the chime pro network (same results). My WiFi signal is fine in the location as can be shown by both a WiFi test and the fact that live view works and motion gets detected and recorded.

Any ideas are very welcomed at this stage.

Kind Regards,

Brett

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, @bwhinnen! As you mentioned this happening on only one Camera, just to confirm, are the Snapshots working as intended on your other 2 Cameras, with no issue?

If your other Cameras are operating as intended with this feature, this rules out mobile device and Ring app variables. Performing a reset was a great step to take after checking on your wifi connections. Signal is often the result of video concerns, and although you’ve tried various connection methods, would it be possible to test this Camera right near your router?

With all the steps you covered, testing near the router (distance test) is the only other suggestion I’d have here, other than reaching out to support. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to update us with your results! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the response.

I have checked RSSI and it is actually better than the other two cameras which work well. I had to reset the camera back to the Chime Pro network this morning as it stopped capturing the snapshot data again last night.

I will look at moving it closer for a period of a couple of days and see if that makes a difference. If not I will definitely reach out to the support team.

Thank you!

Brett

1 Like

I ended up having the same issues. I was within the return period with Amazon so had it replaced. The new camera has not exhibited any of the same symptoms thus far.

Regards,

Brett

1 Like