Stick up Cam Elite offline w/ solid blue light

I have 4 Ring cameras Stick up cam elite (POE powered) installed. 2 out of 4 are now offline with solid blue light for few hours and then no light from the device. This has happened after all the cams have been succesfully installed and were working normally of few hours/days.

Tried all the trouble shooting methods, including pressing orange button for few seconds to pressing it for few times etc. The status has not changed.

Have requested return for 1 devce last week. When I recieved the unit it was Ring Stick Up Cam Wired and not Ring Stick Up CamElite. I was told that is being done to use up old inventory and that they will not ship Replacement Ring Stick up Cam Elite ( I spent more than an hour to get an explanation, finally Ring agreed to ship Ring Stick Up Cam Elite- still waiting for tracking # for a week now). Today will be calling Ring for 2nd camera not working.

Just to let you know I had bought 4 pack Ring Stick Up Cam Elite in the first place.

This is extremely frustrating, any help or explanation is appreciated.

Sorry to hear about this experience, @NKSB! This is not the experience we intend at all.

Our support team is always to be solutions based when assisting our neighbors. Although it sounds like it was a rocky start, they should certainly be accommodating given your situation, and I’m glad to hear a replacement is on it’s way for you.

It is certainly odd to hear of two Stick Up Cam Elite Cameras becoming unresponsive, especially on a POE connection. You mentioned holding the setup button for a few seconds. Just to clarify, a full reset is accomplished by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. See if this works for you, as well as trying another power source/ method, such as the power adapter, rather than POE.

If this concern persists, continuing your conversation with support will be the quickest way to the best solution. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Marley,

I tried holding it down for 20 seconds on both instances, the solid blue still kept coming up. Ring tried to access both remotely and that didnt work either.

What made it worse is thatwhen i was issued a replacement, I was sent Ring Stick up Wired. When i called Ring about it, I was told thats what is sent as a replacement for Ring Stick up Cam Elite. It took more than an hour to make cuctomer care understand that when i order Stick up cam elite, i should get stick up cam elite as replace,ent and not something else. I was told that is what gets offloaded as inventory (old) that is at Ring when some one orders Stick up cam Elite. 10 days and couting, I still don’t have a tracking number for either of the cameras. This is has been a disappointing experience so far. To keep in mind is that these are not inexpensive cameras and to get this kind of service and quality of product is disheartening. I still havent been told why this is happening and am sitting in blind waiting to get 2 ring cameras. I do not know what will it take to get them ASAP.

This is definitely not the experience we intend. Do you mind if we have someone reach out to the email you used for your Community account?

Yes please. Not a problem.

Thank you for the quick response, @NKSB! @Chelsea_Ring will be reaching out to you shortly. :slight_smile:

Ok, I will be on the lookout. Thanks.

1 Like

Frustrated with Ring! I want a refund. Please let me know what the email for accounts and payment is. Below is the reply from Ring after making me wait for 3 weeks for replacement ring cameras. I need an email to get in touch with accounts and make sure that I get full refund for Ring goof up.

Hi NK,

If you are interested in returning your Ring device, please return it to:

ATTN: CTDI
400 Arlington Blvd
Logan Township, NJ 08085

Once we’ve received your unit, we’ll send you a follow up email to confirm your refund is being processed.

During these trying times, our return centers are operating with reduced staffing and are under new regulations regarding the handling of packages. There may be a 14 - 21 day delay in processing your refund. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free reply to this email and I or a member of my team will assist you.

Thank you for contacting Ring!

For more information, please visit ring.com or our online help at support.ring.com.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 11:09 PM, +13235479598 wrote:

Hi @NKSB. For a refund request, or processing a return and refund, this must be done with our support team by phone. At this time it cannot be done via email. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Alternatively, you can also initiate this refund request via our Refund Policy page, which will help you with the next steps, prior to calling support.

Got it, thanks.

NKSB