Stick Up Cams don't recognize solar panel in app

My 2 new stick up cams are both connected to solar panels, both panels in direct summer sunlight. In the app, Device Health, it says Power Source is Power Outlet, and it says “add a ring solar panel to extend battery life”. The batteries seem to be being recharged by the panels (neither have gone below 90% in the 10 days they’ve been installed), but the app is still saying I should add solar panels. Am I doing something wrong?

Hey @jdaniels509. Do you mind contacting our support team so that they can take a deeper look into this for you? Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Actually, I do mind contacting the support team. All the information they need to know is in my original post. I just paid $300 hard-earned for 2 products that aren’t working correctly. Now you want me to spend more of my valuable time telling the support team what I just told you in this post. No thanks. By the way, there are many other posts reporting this same problem. The app does not accurately report the existance of working solar panels, and tries to sell the consumer solar panels that they have already purchased and installed. So, no, I won’t be contacting the support team, but would appreciate it if you would do so and let me know when the app will be fixed to resolve this well-known problem. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @jdaniels509, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum rather than a direct line to support, we have limited information that we’re able to work with on our end. In that case, the best course of action is for you to contact our support team directly so they can look at your device specifically and properly diagnose the concern for you. I hope that helps clear things up. :slight_smile:

Same situation with me. My battery Spotlight Cameras with a solar panels say that the supply source is “Battery” but there is an additional field labelled “Solar Status.” My battery Stick-up Cam with a solar panel says that the power source is “Power Outlet” but there is no “Solar Status” field.

1 Like