Stick Up Cam - no alerts & no night recordings

Hi - Started having these 2 issues a couple of days ago for our outdoor cam w/solar panel. Already toggled through the usual app functions: motion alerts, record motion, motion settings, etc. Would appreciate any & all advice.

• No motion alerts on either of our Android phones (wife & mine).
  • No videos/recordings at night time (did a few walk-by tests).

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this @pockytrader! The best next step here will be to test a live view from the Ring app to see if it connects. If video works, and some features are working as intended, this will indicate that it is online. If the Camera is not operating as intended, it may be offline, and require a completed setup to connect.

Try also recharging the batteries fully, to ensure the device is able to connect efficiently. I also recommend checking on the wifi signal strength, or RSSI in the Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing wifi signal.

Some other factors for motion not alerting or not recording could be:

• Disarmed mode preventing alerts.
  • Zones not setup in motion settings.
  • Record motion toggle turned off in device settings (depending on model)
  • Camera is not subscribed to a Ring Protect Plan for recordings.
  • App out of date or needs to be removed and reinstalled on mobile device.

Please also ensure VPN is not active on your mobile device. Feel free to let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

I am not getting any night alerts or recordings earlier. We installed our cameras the weekend before last and the night recordings stopped after night 3.

Both cameras are set for home mode. Zones are set up. Record motion is on. I’ve already subscribed to protection plans. I reinstalled the app a week ago. I don’t have an active VPN.

My last recording last night was around 8:10 (still dusk) and the first one this morning was around 6:45 (just daylight). Help will be appreciated!

1 Like

Hi @ppwhite, happy to chime in. Have you tried triggering a test alert at night when you are not receiving alerts? You can trigger a test event by walking in front of the Ring to see if it will send a notification to your phone. It’s possible that there were no motion events to record during that time frame, so triggering a test event is a good idea to make sure everything is working properly.

We don’t have the doorbell, and there is definitely activity. It worked for the first 3 nights and now nothing. I’ll test it after dark tonight.

1 Like

Still no night activity. I stood under the cameras last night at 9:00 and waved and they picked that up. Then nothing until it started getting light today. Attaching 2 pictures of live views from each camera. We live on a corner and there is always activity.

Looks like I can only post 1 picture at a time so I’ll do 2 posts.

1 Like

Live view #2 since I can only attach 1 picture at a time. I must have a weird setting somewhere as I have deleted dozens of videos this morning. Just nothing at all after dark.

@ppwhite Thanks for letting me know. Since the Ring picked up the test event, it does seem that the motion detection is working as intended. You can try increasing the sensitivity of the motion detection slider to see if that helps, but you may also want to try giving our support team a call. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your account and devices and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.