cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stick Up Cam - no alerts & no night recordings

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Stick Up Cam - no alerts & no night recordings

Hi - Started having these 2 issues a couple of days ago for our outdoor cam w/solar panel. Already toggled through the usual app functions: motion alerts, record motion, motion settings, etc. Would appreciate any & all advice. 

- No motion alerts on either of our Android phones (wife & mine).
- No videos/recordings at night time (did a few walk-by tests).

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Stick Up Cam - no alerts & no night recordings

Sorry to hear about this @pockytrader!  The best next step here will be to test a live view from the Ring app to see if it connects. If video works, and some features are working as intended, this will indicate that it is online. If the Camera is not operating as intended, it may be offline, and require a completed setup to connect. 

Try also recharging the batteries fully, to ensure the device is able to connect efficiently. I also recommend checking on the wifi signal strength, or RSSI in the Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing wifi signal. 

Some other factors for motion not alerting or not recording could be: 

• Disarmed mode preventing alerts.
  • Zones not setup in motion settings.
  • Record motion toggle turned off in device settings (depending on model)
  • Camera is not subscribed to a Ring Protect Plan for recordings. 
  • App out of date or needs to be removed and reinstalled on mobile device.

Please also ensure VPN is not active on your mobile device. Feel free to let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.