Stick Up Cam disconnects from WiFi never reconnects

For the past few weeks my stick up cams keep dropping and never reconnecting to my WiFi, the are all doing this.

Mind you my Doorbells have no issues so it is isolated to the stick up cam gen 3. Is this a software update issue or just a bad batch of cameras. Really questioning if I should stay with Ring.

1 Like

Hey @Theringking. When you go into your Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Stick Up Cam > Device Health > Reconnect to wifi, are you ever able to reconnect it this way? You will have to walk through a setup that’ll feel like the first time, but this should help it stay connected. If you run into a roadblock manually reconnecting it here, let me know where you’re stuck! A screenshot can also showcase this, so feel free to reply with that!

I am doing this ever few days. I should not have to reconnect these devices ever few days the doorbells have no issues at all.

2 Likes

@Theringking Oh, ok! Thank you for this bit of information, this is very important to know. It’s possible you may need to adjust some settings on your router first before reconnecting the device, to ensure it stays connected. If you can, please check out our Ring Help Center Article here which goes over the ports and protocols needed for the Ring devices to stay connected to your network. Let me know if over the next few days, after making these adjustments, if this helps! Feel free to contact your ISP to have them make these changes too. :slight_smile:

I’m having the exact same issue. Doorbell cam, spotlight cam no issues only having the issue with the stickup cam

2 Likes

Same here!! The doorbell and spotlight cam work fine, but the stick up cam drops from the WiFi and never reconnects without me resetting!

I have the same issue with two cameras I bought at the same time. I have door bell, floodlight and two spotlight cams that I did not have to change any of my wifi settings so why would I need to do so as suggested in the thread. I also bought 3 outdoor sticks ups for the lake house and that has a terrible internet/wifi provider that the cams work fine on.

I am also having this same issue. Recently purchased a Ring Stick Up Cam with a Ring Solar Panel. Wifi connection is good. It lasts for a day or 2 at a time and then disconnects. When this happens I can fix the issue by getting up on a ladder, take the cam down. I then remove the battery, put it back in and go through the setup procedure to reconnect to the wifi.

One time I was able to fix the issue simply by removing the plug to the solar panel and then reconnecting it. Note that the device appears to have plenty of power (according to the Device Health dislayed in the Ring App it is always above 80%.

I was considering buying a few more cameras, but if this is how they work, I think I may be going with another company for my cameras. I can’t keep taking the camera every few days to re-boot the device.

1 Like

Hi Neighbors. I would first check the RSSI of your device, as this could cause intermittent connection issues. If you have a good RSSI and you’ve already done some troubleshooting on your own, feel free to reach out to our support team for further guidance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hey Ring, this issue persists and rotates through various Stick Up Cameras. Next the Door Bell camera. Perhaps it’s a backend infrastructure issue? Maybe you guys grew too fast and didn’t support it with proper infrastructure?

1 Like

I am still having these issues and having to reconnect my gen3 stick-up cams every 2 or 3 days. My alarm, doorbell and floodlight all have now issues but my 3 stick up cams have issues connecting. Was there ever a fix for this?

To reconnect your Ring device to your wifi, flow these steps in our Help Center Article here. You may also want to ensure you have a solid RSSI so that your device continues to stay connected as well. Lastly, please check out our Ring Help Center Article here which goes over the ports and protocols needed for the Ring devices to stay connected to your network. If you’re still running into a roadblock, please contact our support team here.

1 Like