cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stick Up Cam Wired connection shows 100MBps

New Neighbor

Stick Up Cam Wired connection shows 100MBps

My SUCW is connected by CAT6 cables from camera>poe injector>router. However it always shows as connected @ 100MBps whereas other wired devices all show 1000MBps.

Is this normal?

Is the ring PoE injector only capable of a 100MBps (equivalent to old CAT5 wiring)?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Stick Up Cam Wired connection shows 100MBps

Great question @Labrajaws! Are the other wired devices which are reporting gigabit speeds Ring devices? Our devices only require a certain amount of network resources to operate and should not need to receive anything beyond 100 MBps, especially when connected via POE. This is simply how the injector delegates resources as needed.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor III

The Ring Stick Up Cam ethernet uses a 100 adapter, and so will connect at that speed.  The Ring Cam will never use more than 5 (being generous).  So a gigabit connection would add no value.

New Neighbor

This is a great topic and I'm interested in some of the technical details.  I have my wired cam connected to a POE managed switch and I have a managed traffic monitor behind my wireless controller/google mesh network prior to hitting my router.  When I look at traffic flow from the wireless controller, I see wifi only traffic, which includes "all" of my ring cameras.  From the managed switch at the POE, I see only POE supported power route, not data traffic.  So I'm confused, are these cams using wifi only to communicate ?  It would appear they are.