Stick Up Cam Flickering

I just installed a new Stick Up cam. Battery powered.

The video display flickers green in live view and in recordings. Roughly once a second.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hey @johnsdad. When it does flicker, is this always in the beginning of the video, for that split second? If so, this is the device powering on and making adjustments with the IR filter, and therefore you may see it for that split second while the camera is adjusting to the lighting, seeing it if needs Night Vision or not. Sometimes this can be resolved if happening for longer or throughout the video by shining a flashlight through the lens when in a Live View. :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea

Unfortunately not. It is continuous and constant.

@johnsdad My apologizes! After re-reading your first message, I see you said once a second, and not just for that split second in the beginning of the video as your screen shot is showing. No worries though! Could you try shining the flash light into the camera during the Live View, and see if this continues on as it has? If it does, please remove the device from your app, reset it by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, and then set it up in the app again! Let me know if this continues to happen, and please save any videos you may need from the Ring app before removing the camera! :slight_smile:

Hello,

sorry for my late reply.

I tried the factory reset then I set it up again and the flickering persists. I tried in low and high light. There is no video trouble in night mode but the flickering stays constant and consistant in regular video mode.

Hey @johnsdad, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. Since you’ve attempted the reset and the flickering concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a much closer look at your device to find a cause and solution for this flickering concern. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem in my stick up cam, was this problem resolved, if so how? If not what should I do? Is this a faulty device and i should get a replacement?

Could not find the problem with tech support. Ring replaced the camera.

1 Like

i have the same exact problem with my stickup cam, sometimes the whole video flickers to green negative screen and back for a second to normal then mostly green negative screen again continuously.

Hi @replay. The issue you are described sounds like a result of packet loss. This occurs when you have a poor RSSI. What is the RSSI for your device? This can be found in the Device Health section of the Ring app. This Help Center article here has some great troubleshooting steps that you can do to correct this concern. I hope this helps!