Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stick Up Cam Elite vs Stick Up Cam Wired 2nd Generation

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Stick Up Cam Elite vs Stick Up Cam Wired 2nd Generation

Hi Dww - thanks for bringing that out.  You are correct, however, I believe the jist of the frustration that most of us have is that "adding a PoE injector to this product is not worth the additional cost.  All of my cams are just the original wired cams, which was launched prior to this version with the included PoE injector.  What we want is to be able to purchase the "original" cam at the price point it was at or cheaper without the PoE injector.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi JustSecurity,
I totally get your point and it’s nice to know someone else agrees with me. I purchased a POE switch for about $50 to cover most of the cameras. I don’t need the injectors either and told multiple supervisors and a manger that they should just offer a cam only option. I hope more customers voice this concern as well. I’m also like to be as environmentally friendly as possible so recycling stuff I don’t need is not a best practice in my book. I hope you find another good option. I searched and found a few but like the simplicity of Ring and wanted to eventually move to their alarm system as well for as close to an all In one option. I think my thought process is to make my life simpler but sometimes I wonder. Lol
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Hey Mav, I guess my assumption about the stick up cam was right all along.  Yeah, Amazon/Ring did a marketing switch a roo in that they took the original stick-up cam wired and included in the box a PoE (Power over Ethernet) adapter.  In addition, they claimed that the device has better video, sound and build quality.  None of this makes sense and the side by side comparison with my neighbors demonstrate a less quality product when looking at the piture where these cams were placed on my home side by side.  In addition, as I predicted to the contradiction of the Ring support team, the Stick up CAM wired (the camera that only had an ethernet cable in the box and NOT PoE) is NO-LONGER available.  Bate and switch by Ring.  Marketing is always based on false narratives and stretching the truth, but rarely get caught in the act of doing it.  Well there are new cams coming on the market and I'm testing 3 in order to replace my rings as once I find that a company is unethical in its selling practice, I completely stop using their products.  I've lost faith and will move on.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Hey, I know this has been dead thread for a while, but do you think the $100 per cam for a PoE injector is fair ?  I purchased an 8 port PoE gigabyte switch for $125 and I have 7 cameras.  I saved myself $675 dollars - what am I missing here ?

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Thanks for your info, but that's a given.  The original stick up Cam was $100 at any of my computer stores nearby.  The so-called new and improved stick up cam is $100 more bring the cost to $200 ea..  I have 7 cams.  That would have been $1400 for those cams where a PoE switch cost $110 or $125 savign almost $700 over the new cam cost.