Stick Up Cam Elite and Doorbell Elite PoE status offline

I just added a Stick Up Cam Elite PoE alongside my Ring Doorbell Elite. Both were setup using PoE, and they’re not connected to WiFi. Originally, the camera gave me a bunch of fits setting it up, saying it couldn’t connect to WiFi when I told it I was using Ethernet. It did finally connect.

However, now when I check the Stick Up Cam in device health, it says:
Connection Type: Ethernet (in red letters)

However, it still seems to be active, and I can see the live feed.

For grins, I decided to check my doorbell, which has been active for months and it has the same thing:

Connection Type: Ethernet (in red letters)

Is this normal for PoE equipment? Is there a way to clear this “issue”? Is it an issue?

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience, and in detail, @EricG! This should not be happening at all, especially since you’ve confirmed live view is connecting on both. I recommend removing and reinstalling the application, as well as power cycling the Cams by removing and reinserting the POE plug.

If this does not resolve the concern, the best next step would be to reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting. Feel free to let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried doing the suggestions here, but was only able to get the status field in both the doorbell and stick up cam to disappear. Both say no status, and show connected to Ethernet in red letters. Again, everything appears to be working as intended, and I have no issues connecting to the devices, but I am just assuming that red Ethernet is bad. Perhaps it’s not.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming this information @EricG. With both of these devices working as intended, please disregard the red lettering as it is not indicating any concern. As we value our neighbors feedback, I’ve shared this experience with the team who is investigating further. :slight_smile:

I have this same experience with both of my Ring Elite cams, both show offline despite being online via wired ethernet. Not an ideal user experience as I have no way of remotely knowing if my cameras have gone offline, and the app always says they are in poor status.

2 Likes

Same here with one Ring Elite doorbell connected PoE. Status Offline (red) and Connection Type Ethernet (red) - but everything working perfectly well. New user not impressed with basic glitches like this.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Have two stick up Elite’s connected via POE.

When installed, one was connected as it should be (said online and connected via ethernet), whereas the other kept giving a very high RSSI reading even though not connected via wi-fi. This is still there but both now say offline when looking at device health - even though both say online on the dashboard.

Both cameras work fine and connect through live view - however, the one with the RSSI reading always says poor connection.

Have deleted the app and power cycled, however no change whatsoever.

Surely this shouldn’t be the case should it? This sounds firmware related in my humble related.

1 Like

Having the same issue with a Stick Up Cam Elite - connected via official PoE adapter that came with the unit. It works perfectly fine - live view, motion detect, etc. but says offline as described by others. Sounds like a software issue of some kind. Can someone get a bug submitted for this on the ring side?

We appreciate your feedback neighbors, and have delivered it to our team, who is investigating further. If you are experiencing this, please ensure your devices are working as intended, and if so you may disregard the red lettering as it is not indicating any concern. The quickest way to confirm your connection is via live view. We will be sure to keep the Community updated with any information we find! :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, I have the same issue with both my PoE Stick Up Cams.
But yes, they otherwise work.

Hi All,

I started to have the same issues with multiple of my PoE ring devices after almost a year of use without any trouble. It started couple of weeks ago where separate poe device would go offline as far as the ring app is concerned but would wake up on motion or press of the doorbell button.

Over the course of several days some devices went back to being “normal” but other devices continued to have similar issues.

Has there been any resolution to this or should i try to contact support and try to get these devices replaced?

Hi @RingRider. If you haven’t already, I would recommend trying to perform a fresh setup of the devices that aren’t maintaining a connection. If this does continue to happen, definitely follow up with our support team so they can take a more in-depth look and elevate to advanced support if necessary to find a solution. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have two stick up elite cameras, they keep going offline every few months. They are using ethernet with POE and the issue is not power or internet connectivity. Sometimes customer support can reboot them remotely sometimes the rep does not have the tools. I hope that someday Ring will fix the firmware so these gymnastics are not needed. Extremely disappointed with the quality of the product and the service.