Stick Up Cam Battery Not Responding

When the camera first comes on (after putting the battery in), I am able to connect to it and Go Live. It will even detect motion. After sitting idle for about 10 minutes it will not respond. Sometimes, the first thinkg the next morning it will come on - briefly - when it detects motion. It will not respond to the app unless I pull the battery and put it back in.

This is a new camera and battery. The battery is fully charged. WiFi signal is good (I have a Peephole Cam in the same hallway). I have two other Ring products that have no problems.

Any suggestions?

Hi @James06 ! I recommend trying to reboot your router and then trying again. Let me know what happens once you complete that. Thank you :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip but it still having the same problem.

I was able to activate the camera twice shortly after the router reboot but later on it would not activate.

Hey @James06. Chiming in for Jennifer here! We have a concern our teams are investigating right now, which is detailed in this thread here. I have a hunch you may have this concern as well, which you can verify with our support team if you would like. For that, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

No, it is not reporting a problem with the battery. I also swapped the batty with another Ring device and the problem persists.

As mentioned, the device will work immediately after being connected. 30 minutes later it will not work. It will also occasionally work first thing in the morning.

Having the exact same problem. I called support last week who said the device is faulty and have arranged a new one to be sent (yet to arrive).

Mine is also brand new.

3 Likes

Someone else is having the issue with 1 of their battery stick up cams.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/Stick-Up-Cam-repeatedly-disconnecting/td-p/40505

2 Likes

Hi,

There are serveral people reporting this over the last week.

I’m not sure if Ring Community support link issues together but I think it would be best to call Ring support as they can escalate to advanced technical team / engineering team.

I have the same issue and they’ve ordered a replacement. Not sure if this will help as it’s a brand new device and numerous people are reporting the issue.

1 Like

Just to update everyone, my camera is now working properly. Maybe there was a firmware update that was pushed out because I did not do anything to fix the problem.

Thanks to all for your help.

2 Likes

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I forgot to reply to this ealier.

My stickup cam also started working much better on the same date as James06. I also didn’t do anything to fix it.

However I’m still seeing a lot of posts with people having the issue.

1 Like