Spotlight issues

I have had my spotlight close to a year now and still having issues with the motion no matter what I set it at it still records car going by the other half of the time it doesn’t record/catch what I need it to for example if someone walks up to my truck door it won’t start recording but if someone walks in from of my truck it might start recording. So for months now I have been setting everything to the max
Especially the sensitivity and guess what someone got in my truck last night and stole my radar and gum bag and the Ring didn’t catch it … but!!! When I checked out the videos it was catching cars going by on my street. Just to worn you when you get the spotlight cam please keep a eye on it and if it’s not doing what you want call Ring better yet take it back

Hi @1caneafan1. So sorry to hear about your incident! I would suggest reaching out to our support team so they can deep dive into your camera and see what may have caused this. There is a number of settings including Motion Settings, Motion Frequency, or Mode Settings that could have been a factor of your camera not recording when you needed it to. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.