Still following this exact same issue. Troubleshot the same way as well. Hoping a solution is developed at some point. Thanks!
I was able to speak to RIng support today via US telephone number 800-656-1918. The wait time was under 5 mintues at around 12PST. I spent about 20 mins on the line with them and the TL;DR version is that they are going to replace my spotlight camera free of (extra) charge.
For those interested, here is how the process went:
1. Company rep verified, via two factor, that I was actually the account holder. I needed to have my account email accessible while on the phone with them.
2. A detailed verbal account of the issue from me, and what I had done to troubleshoot.
3. A short attempt to troubleshoot remotely, on their end, which required me to have the malfunctioning camera handy. We essentially went over the same steps as described elsewhere in this post. They did ask if I had previously tried two batteries at the same time and each battery slot individually (which I had).
4. A shot period of time on hold while the company rep attempted to do some research. I had mentioned that I had posted on this forum and there were at least a few people experiencing the exact same problem. I wouldn't be surprised if they checked the forum to verify; I presume there was a conversation with a manager at some point, in order to authorize the replacement.
5. The company rep came back on the line and confirmed Ring would replace my camera since I had the "extended warranty". As an aside, I don't recall getting an extended warranty; unless that is included in the yearly subscription which allows for monitoring of multiple devices.
6. Email instructions were sent, while I was still on the line, to explain the return process. A new unit is being expedited and I was told the return of the old hardware needs to be done before 30 days or I will be charged the full amount.
Overall, the RIng rep was friendly and helpful; even though the chat and email attempts to reach them were not as successful. I would reccomend calling as the best method.
I hope this is useful to some of you and you're able to get the hardware replaced as well.
Followed your support process to intiate a new spotlight camera as well. Because I mentioned I'd logged this issue on the CS page and followed many of your steps, they (Ring) just cut to the chase. Ok, sounds like you have a defective camera and we'll send you a new one. Please return the defective camera within 30 days! Thanks for being the digital martyr for this one. All the best
Received my replacement camera today and installed with no issues. My "defective" camera was 5 months old and fell under the warranty for replacement. This seems to be the standard fix at this point so I feel like we will not get an absolute answer as to what caused the problem. The camera also stopped working on 3/20 which, if I remember correctly, happened to more than one customer. If this is the case, it would be reasonable to believe that a software or firmware update caused the issue. So I am apprehensive of this happening again!!!
I will say that customer support was easy to deal with. I used the chat option and explained the issue, the troubleshooting steps, and my hope for a quick resolution. The tech did not waste time in going over the troubleshooting steps again and moved straight into shipping a replacement. I am ok with the replacement unless it happens a second time! Good luck to all others!!!
Glad to hear that Ring seems to be doing the right thing and replacing the cameras accross the board.
For what it's worth, 3/20 is probably the same date that my issue started as well. Although 3/21 was the date I attempted to switch out the battery, I had actually received an email alert of a low battery a couple of days before. Before I changed it out on 3/21, the app still showed about 3% battery life, but the feed was not connecting. For me, 3% battery life wouldn't typically last more than a day. I think the camera was already doomed to plasitic brick status at that point due to some type of firmware/software error.
Here's hoping we aren't back in the same boat in the near future; cheers.
Mine has imilar proble,m, since 20 feb. i did not charge it now iused new fully chargded battery and it does not turn on !
I will call them
Exact problem happened to me on March 20th! This is ridiculous! Mine is just over a year old and DEAD. Terrible for a $200 camera. And they want to blame it on my fully charged batteries?!?! NOT HAPPY