Spotlight cam wired Colour Night Vision, Tints and freeze frames issues

I have colour night vision active and this is so random, it does not work 99% of the time and there is also strange tints in the snapshots and live view. Also i am getting a freeze frame in live view every 1 second like it keeps skipping, for example a person maybe walking past and all of a sudden they would freeze for a second and then teleport some feet away each and every second.

Any help would be appreciated as support always offers replacements and never solutions.

IMG_0131.jpeg

IMG_0128.jpeg

Hi @Mannyshere14. Depending on the ambient light (i.e. street light, patio light, or pitch dark areas), there is an impact on the perceived quality of the image. You will not get the true colors as you see in the daylight. Instead, the colors will be skewed. The skewed color may be distracting in some conditions, while in other cases, it may provide color depth to the scene.

If you’re still concerned about the colors, you can try turning off this feature for now, or power cycling your device. For this, you can completely disconnecting the device from power for 10 seconds, and then reconnecting power. This may help, but regardless I will pass on your feedback to the appropriate team!

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hi @Mannyshere14. Depending on the ambient light (i.e. street light, patio light, or pitch dark areas), there is an impact on the perceived quality of the image. You will not get the true colors as you see in the daylight. Instead, the colors will be skewed. The skewed color may be distracting in some conditions, while in other cases, it may provide color depth to the scene.

If you’re still concerned about the colors, you can try turning off this feature for now, or power cycling your device. For this, you can completely disconnecting the device from power for 10 seconds, and then reconnecting power. This may help, but regardless I will pass on your feedback to the appropriate team!

what about the freeze frames in live view? the camera is right next to an access point with a very good connection.

1 Like

Good question @Mannyshere14! Freeze frame or video connection quality concerns are often related to network or signal strength. Check first the distance, interference, and even environmental variables to ensure the area is optimal for connection. As it sounds like an access point is close by, there may be some additional network settings or features that might benefit video streaming.

As always, our support team will be happy to troubleshoot more in-depth, at 800-656-1918, if this concern persists.