Spotlight cam siren

Has anyone had the siren on the spotlight cam go off automatically with movement? I haven’t had this happen before today and didn’t think it was a setting but I’m not sure. I have the system set to home mode, and there was a cat walking through the yard. It turned the motion light on and then about 10 seconds in, the siren went off by itself. Is this normal?

Hey @Misfitmom. The siren going off shortly after a motion event is not something that I have seen/heard of before myself. Since this has happened, could you please reset the device and monitor it to see if it happens again? For the full reset, you will press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds. After that reset, you will then go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Spotlight Cam > Device Health and tap on Reconnect or Change Wifi Network. From there, it will take you through another setup, and then monitor it from there. Let me know, neighbor! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I did some more digging and think it was a feedback issue because it was a solid beep whereas the siren on the camera has more depth to it . I will try the reset!

1 Like