Spotlight cam not working at night

Recently my Spotlight cam has started to record about 90% less at night. I never made any changes to the setting. It just started when I changed out the batteries, which I’ve done many a times withouth issue. But after that time it started to record less. During the day it’s fine, and records all the motion that I expect it to. At night it used to record when cars drove by on the street and now it doesn’t. The only time it records is if you’re within a few feet of the camera. I didn’t make any changes to the settings and the motion zones are on max.

Hey @Ring_a_ding_ding. Do you mind sharing with us what your Live View looks like at night time, or share a video of what triggers your camera at night? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.