Spotlight cam flashing blue and white

Hey,

has anybody any idea what i can do?

My spotlight cam is flashing blue and white. Tried to do a hard reset while holding the button a the top for 30 seconds but that didn’t helped. This happened after recharging the battery.

Hi @jocsch, it sounds like your device is in setup mode! If you can, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Spotlight Cam > Device Health > Change or Reconnect to Wifi. This will take you through setting up the device again so that it can reconnect to your internet and stay functioning for you. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi @Chelsea_Ring

unfortunaetly that didn’t helped. Seems my device is not in the setup mode. Can’t find any wifi network when i follow the intructions in the app. The device is also not flashing white it is a contant blue and white flashing.

@jocsch Can you try another reset of the device first and then try to walk through the same steps? For the reset, you will press and hold down the setup button for 30 seconds as you have before. After that time, give the device some time to boot back up before trying to take it through another reconnection. Since you have tried this before, please reach out to our support team here if this seems to continue to fail.

Jocsch - have you had any luck getting your spotlight cam to go into setup mode? I’m having the exact same problem. It happened when I charged the battery.

Jocsch - have you had any luck getting your spotlight cam to go into setup mode? I’m having the exact same problem. It happened when I charged the battery.

Exact same thing happened today with my Spotlight Cam after charging the battery. Still no solution…

I contacted the support via chat but we couldn’t solve the problem. They shipped me a replacement device which works perfectly. So next steps for you would be to contact the support via chat or call and try to solve the issue there. If you are unlucky like me then i guess they will ship you a replacement device

I’ve been having the exact same issue for the past few days and I’ve tried everything to fix it. Will contact support tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

I have had spotlight can since July 15 2019. It just died. I swapped the batteries and it’s still dead. Is is still covered under warranty? If so how do I exchange it

When I try to setup my battery stickup camera it does not produce a setup network and no lights shine on the bottom of the unit ever.

Phone support was a waste of an hour. Yes the batteries are fully charged. Is the problem solvable? How do I get a replacement?

Sorry to hear about this @stevemj3dguy! Our support team will be able to assist best with an in warranty replacement by phone. :slight_smile:

I have two ring doorbells, a smart lighting transformer and a floodlight. I like a lot the ring system and purchased a battery operated Spolight Cam.

It worked well for about two weeks and it then stopped working. When I add the fully charged battery, a red light momentarily blinks insite the assembly and then nothing happens. I can’t get it into configuration mode and the app or access points see it. I believe something must have failed internally but do not want to open to avoid voiding the warranty.

Any suggestions on what I can do to further diagnose the unit?

Mauro

I have seen a number of people with the same problem - and I can’t find a solution. After recharging my battery (which has ran out in just over a month btw), my camera is blinking blue and white and can’t reconnect, even after I tried a soft reset multiple times. What can I do?

I’m also having this problem and it doesn’t seem to resolve.

My battery cam one day started flashing blue then white and i was unable to view it. I left it for a few days and it was still doing the same thing. I tried re connecting it to the WIFI but i couldnt and i also tried the reset by holding the top button down for 30 seconds? i have tried swapping the batteries with my other battery cam just incase but it still does the same thing.

I have deleted completly to re add it but now i cant find it at all, and as soon as i put a battery in it it still just flashes blue then white.

Please help!

Thanks.

I think you made need to give a bit more detail if you want help

Sorry to hear about this @Fkacharliesmgr. If you’ve confirmed a sufficient battery charge and there is no response from the device, the best next step will be to perform a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. If this concern persists, our support team will be able to assist further with more in-depth solutions or replacement if needed.

Hi @Wasseem! What behavior is your Spotlight Cam exhibiting? For any video or feature functionality concerns, checking wifi and mobile device connection is a great first step. :slight_smile:

It’s not starting up , no flash light at all , tried reset , no success , I have two cameras same problem :frowning: